Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bgh318, May 7, 2014.

1. Bgh318

Bgh318 New Member

Hey guys. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking on here for awhile as I've been wanted a WRX for quite some time.

Figure I'd go through a brief car history just so you can get to know me a bit better.

The car that got me interested in cars was my second car, a 1995 3000GT base.

[​IMG]

Had that for awhile and sold it (bad decision) when I was in college for some money. Loved this car. Was so much fun to drive. Wasn't super fast but had fun with it.

Moved on to a cheaper stealth... bad idea.

[​IMG]

Ending up buying it to save some money while I was in college and the crankshaft broke in half (according to the mechanic. It was about 30k miles into a rebuild).

Once I got out of school I sold that and bought an s2000

[​IMG]

Really enjoyed this car. Lots of fun to drive and throw into turns. Lots of fun on the dragon. Word to the wise... make sure to replace your tires when they start to go bald or you'll end up spinning out on 400...

[​IMG]

Got the car repaired and sold it. Ended up with a 325IS E36. Basically a stop-gap car. I needed something with more room for the dog and didn't want to spend a lot of money. Too many electrical issues for my taste so ending up selling it too.

[​IMG]

Which leads me to the WRX. My wife and I are talking about having kids soon so I wanted to make sure I had a fun car that was also practical so that I don't have to sell it in a couple of years. I ended up ordering this car in early 2013. Took delivery May of 2013.

The night I picked it up:

[​IMG]

As it sits now:

[​IMG]

Future mods include getting my anarchy motive shift knob back (going on 10 weeks. Don't buy anything from that guy), CBE, and roof rack. Mostly cosmetic stuff. I want to get an AP but I bought the extended warranty and I'm worried about not getting warranty work covered if I were to blow the motor in the first 100k miles.

So yeah... that's a little about me. You'll see me around the Dunwoody and John's Creek areas. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone at some point.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  2. Bgh318

Bgh318 New Member

hmmm.... how do I change the size of the last picture.... definitely don't need it that big lol

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Welcome! Nice collection of cars you've had.

4. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Welcome!

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I fixed the image size for you.

In imgur, you can click "Get embed codes" and then on the bottom right (sizes) click "large thumbnail" and it will resize to a more forum friendly size. :)

6. Bgh318

Bgh318 New Member

Perfect! Thank you Matt. I appreciate the help!

7. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Welcome! Glad you decided to stop lurking. The hatches are my favorite after the GD.

If you find a need for another shift knob check out WC Lathe Werks. Quality and customer service is top notch. There are plenty of others on here that can vouch for them as well.

Kids love boxers too.

8. Bgh318

Bgh318 New Member

Yeah that's probably where I'm leaning.

I bought the Anarchy Motive knob and it started chipping less than a year after having it. Against my better judgement I sent it back to him to warranty it. It'll be 10 weeks ago on Thursday. I should have just kept it and had someone local re powder it. But that's enough about that.

I forgot to mention I ordered the vinly overlays for the tail lights! Should complete the red look on the back of the car nicely:

[​IMG]

9. Stetson

Stetson Member

Love the red, how did you do the stars like that?

10. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

11. Bgh318

Bgh318 New Member

I got vinyl overlays from premium auto stylings that were black and red. I just went to their website and they appear to have been taken down. I'm sure a quick google search will pull up some options for you though.