New Post-Count Requirements & other WRXatlanta.com Updates!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Alex, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Greetings,

I do apologize for the 24 hours or so mishap with the post-count requirements. I implemented a new system and did not thoroughly configure it. The purpose of this system is simple: In order to post in our "personal for-sale" section you must have at least 25 posts. Why you might ask? This is an effort to decrease for-sale spam by single stop users. Here at WRXatlanta.com, we feel that in order to sell within our community you should participate in order to do so. This allows new members to first introduce themselves, and second to establish a reputation as a reliable core member. We hope this helps improve sales here :)

Also, we are diligently at work planning events for 2007 (big and small). Some events in the works are the 1xxx member party, paint-ball, sporting events, monthly dinners, track days, WRXatlanta Challenge SCCA events, road trips, etc.

In addition, we are working on finding new sponsors for WRXatlanta.com. One , I feel we all can appreciate, is Red Bull ;) There are a few others in the works as well. Expect details over the next few months or so (its a lengthy process, but well worth it in the end).

Finally, we are working on implementing a PayPal based subscription / donation system that allows users to access additional parts of the website. This will include
    1. Self-editable user title
    2. Additional PM space
    3. Access to special members-only deals from WRXatlanta.com Vendors
    4. Access to private WRXatlanta.com Subscribers’ discussion forum
    5. Increased avatar size
    6. Additional signature length
    7. Your very own garage page (viewable to all; however in order to create a new garage you must be a subscribing member).
    8. WRXatlanta.com image hosting (think imageshack, etc.)
    9. You@WRXatlanta.com email address
    10. http://yourname.wrxatlanta.com sub-domain

As always we value your comments and concerns.

Cheers,

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

Sounds like some good ideas! Just don't try to replace your job with WRXAtlanta income... ;)

3. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

Sounds great. Awsome work Alex!!!!

4. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

good stuff!

5. LazyGun

LazyGun Member

Sounds great :)

6. Alex

:wiggle: Actually the intent of this revenue is that it is to be spent upon club events. This will allow us to have food at every event and to throw larger events for everyone.

As I told Kanchou last night about all of this. I started WRXatlanta.com as a subaru enthusiats website by an subaru enthusiast. This is not an income replacement :) More revenue for WRXatlanta means more free events for you guys :bigthumb:

7. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

i'd be down for this

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

So how much do we have to donate to be a subscribing member?

Oh, and I am glad to see how much the site has grown since 2 summers ago when I was around more. Hopefully it will keep growing so when I am back in the ATL we can have some huge meets.

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

Sounds good man! But I don't know about additional avatar size and signature length. I'm afraid it might start to look somewhat import atlanta-ish, just a thought.

10. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

so when do i get my 10% of the cut?

11. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Great ideas Alex...Way to Go Bro...

Mark

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats what we're aiming for...

NOT ;)... bigger avatars won't be too bad... as long as we can maintain the level of decency and civility that we love and enjoy on WRXatlanta

13. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Thanks guys for the many improvements!

14. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I know we'd appreciate that a whole lot more if we had Jagermeister as a sponsor too... :drool: :wiggle: :rofl:

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

Dude, we ought to go for a local brewery, maybe Sweet Water?

16. try to get coke, tell them we'd only sell coke at the events, and we'd have a big red coke tent, that they would supply us, to keep them cool in their big red coke coolers, that they would supply us.

17. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

ABC supports a lot of local stuff too. mmmmmm...

18. Alex

Many thanks to all for the kind words :wavey:

Full Throttle is also on my list, I have a friend who is in marketing for our demographic over at le' Coca Cola :D I am working on a local coffee and sub shop as well.

Its 10% of your original investment; unfortunately, your investment was $0 :(

Anyways, hope to see you all Sunday at the next SCCA event.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2006