New some info on what is compatible with my car...

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by vwcollector, Nov 7, 2014.

1. vwcollector

vwcollector Member

Hi, I have an 05 LGT wagon with some crazy built engine and a 6 spd swap in it, as well as suspension, brakes etc done to it...

I've been thinking of buying a wrecked car to pretty much swap the whole powertrain into my car to make it stock again...

I'm a VW expert, but know very little about Subarus, but know that they are sort of like VWs, as far as being like Legos, everything will go with everything...

which engine/ transmission/ suspension/ diffs/ etc can be bolted to an 05 Legacy wagon without having to do some extensive mods or deal with wiring issues?

any input will be greatly appreciated...

thanks

2. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Why don't you just sell it and buy a stock one???? It is still beyond me why you would buy this monster to undo all of the hard work that went into that car...

I mean no offense you can do whatever the hell you want, but an engine swap to go stock? Seems like a lot of work and money to turn a highly impressive, well done monster into a stock wagon..... Just sayin.

I mean there is probably what? $15,000++++worth of mods on that thing and countless hours that have gone into it... Does it even make sense to put the same amount of work into it and even more money to turn it into something stock? Sorry man I have just seen all of your posts complaining about a car I wish I could afford, and it is just kind of a shame you want to rip it apart.

3. vwcollector

vwcollector Member

Its all about knowing your limitations...I am a VW expert, and bought that car as a ready to go, needs nothing, drive it to the moon 650hp beast. It was none of that.

The guy who used to own the car did a great job and put a lot of money into it, the guy who sold me the car, not so much...

I don't have the knowledge to tackle fixing and tuning this beast, and I don't want to lie my way out of it, like the guy who sold it to me did...

The car is extremely low mileage and in excellent condition, so, it seems to me worth trying to buy a rolled over car, swap pretty much everything into mine and then sell the good parts later with the intent of just getting my money back...

now, since you took the time to bitch about me bitching, how about helping out and providing some valuable information to help me find a proper donor car to save this thing, or just take it of my hands for about 12k as it sits...

It needs pistons an APtuner and a tune, runs and drives great, but uses oil like there's no tomorrow...:eek:)

I would love to see this car go to someone who know what they are doing with it, I'm not that person and don't want to touch something that is out of my league and cause more damage. Please forgive my ignorance.