New Sponsor: Slade Audio

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Alex, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Please welcome Ryan, slade1274, as the latest sponsor of our community. He intends to bring his unique audiophile ear and construction skill set to the community. You may remember his GR STi. If you've been to any dinner meet lately you've probably heard his setup :) In case you have no idea what I am talking about, read up here http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28685.

[​IMG]

Cheers,

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Cool. Welcome dude

3. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Thanks guys!

www.sladeaudio.com

As you can see by my build log that Alex posted; I can take it to whatever level you want as far as audio, but I can also work with those looking to eek in some sound improvement between HP upgrades. ;)

I am an authorized dealer for Hertz, Audison, DLS, and H-Audio (who are in the process of launching their new line).

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.htm
    http://www.audison.com/
    http://www.dls.se/en/car

These are the highest regarded brands in Europe for focus on sound quality; something that has taken back seat to "mad DBs" in the US market.

Feel free to contact me anytime to check out the "mobile audition studio" or just to give suggestions on any stock products that could be developed for the community.

4. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Nice man...I'm old school....amps hand built and tuned from the factory in the USA back when Phoenix, Az was the Silicon Valley for car audio manufacturers. PPI art series, US AMPS, Mcintosh, Phoenix Gold, Aperiodic Membranes, Autosound 2000, Richard Clark, David Navone...back when IASCA was the really popular.

I hear Audison is still a very well built amp. Nice clean install.

What kind of of RTA are you using for a tune?

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

awesome!!

6. Alex

How much is that Audison fuse block you had on the battery, Ryan?

7. slade1274

slade1274 Member

I've got a calibrated Behringer mic running through a USB pre to the laptop. I use TrueRTA software. I also use a USB O-scope... Just easier to go laptop connect than the stand alone units. Flat curves sound like ass anyway. I do a combo of test tone tuning by ear and spatially averaged L-R curve matching to get things dialed in.

I do miss the old school PPI and RF gear I grew up with. ;). That being said, you can't beat the computerized user interface of the modern DSP units....

8. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Heyyyy. Congrats, Ryan! Hope this goes well.

9. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

US Amps was made in Daytona Florida:) I was sponsored by them for a brief time. Don't foprget Xtant's first few series of amps. JL Audio still ahve huger erspect from me. They never dols out and are still true to their roots.

10. Alex

Drinking again Eddie? :p

11. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Nice.

You got that right.

12. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Xtants are still up there with PPI back in the day. Twas great having the pluggin modules for the different channels. Although, very few came in having been smoking or fried. Mainly b/c of the metal shars that could easily get into them, since the amp wasn't fully sealed and was somewhat exposed.

13. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

All those meds they give him each time he breaks an appendage....which seems fairly often here lately!

14. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Ugggh...I can't take the pain meds they gave me. Made me sick...still have the 3 or so prescriptions at home:(

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Have any nice upgrades for the factory speakers in an E46 m3? I have the Harmon Kardon system and one of my front door speakers is blown.

16. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Yeah, I spent some time looking around the website links on your site and can't tell what the hell I am looking at.
    Could you put together a quick list of like Best - Fair for speakers and amps and maybe some price ranges for each?
    That would help us slackers know what we are looking at.

17. slade1274

slade1274 Member

I can try to put some together, but there are a ton of variables. Feel free to PM me in the meantime while I try to figure some out...

18. Alex

Ive found it works better if you start with how much you want to spend and go from there. It pays to be honest with yourself up front about your budget and what you want.