New Supercharger with tranny!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dark_Templer102, May 8, 2006.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Hmm. Intersting. I still think turbo > blower though.

2. suby113

suby113 Member

yep higher power and boost yeild. with a Turbo.

3. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

well seeing as the cars with the most HP in the world use super charges i would have to disagree with the ghier power yeild statement :)

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

He has a point. :bowdown:

5. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

look at F1 cars ftw NA power
    most high hp exotics are na, the bug-ati is just silly with 16 cylinders and 4 turbos 1000bhp? everytime some fan boy gloats on about that I'm like, is that all? look at supras bugati 1000 hp on a stock block with one turbo, you are 10 years to late LOL (granted that stock block don't last so long). Although the new SLR mac and the Koenigsegg are SC cars, I still like them.

the problem with superchargers is it takes power to make power with them. The big drag cars have to have 800 HP without the supercharger to be able to drive the supercharger. I'm not a big fan of such parasitic loss.

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'd definately rock a supercharger over a turbo just because of the lag differences.

That gearbox would be great but I bet it's very loud with the supercharger constantly blowing at max capacity.

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

blowers bring in better reliablility over a turbo as well

9. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Now we just need the next version with a CVT. :)

10. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Most diesels run multi stage turbo to compensate for lag. A two stage is really just what needs to be done to a car. Smaller turbo or super to power up the big turbo. Thats a really cool blower though.

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

TT setups are just too complex and unreliable. Porsche has the right idea with the variable geometry turbos which spool quickly and provide topend punch.

12. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

if you take proper care of a turbo no reason it shouldn't last
    I'm just not a big fan of superchargers. I've seen some people sink big money into an sc set up on a car that if, they were to spend the same in turbo would have yielded 2 (maybe 3) times the HP.

13. KingofSiam

KingofSiam Member

14. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

BorgWarner has developed a two stage turbo for diesel trucks to be put into production in the next couple of years that will last over 500k miles. I would call that pretty reliable. They plan on revolutionizing the trucking industry in Europe. The technology is there for gasoline turbos, its just that no company really wants to take a serious interest in developing a turbo like that in a market that is falling apart due to fuel.

15. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

It's a good idea I'm sure and they'll build on it too I guess.

And of course we could debate turbo Vs. blower until we're all blue in the face, but the fact remains turbo > blower. :D

JK. :wiggle: