new to the site and subaru

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jrjcrf150f, Dec 17, 2013.

1. jrjcrf150f

jrjcrf150f New Member

Hey I'm Jimmy! and a proud new(to me) subaru owner! Previous car was a 1996 mazda miata i purchased when i was 16 with 83K miles. Had a blast in the car even drove it cross country where I lived for two years. With the condition and climate of my destinations to come (im a snowboard instructor so mtns and snow) I decided to find something more suitable and I've always wanted a subaru. So after browsing and browsing for a few months I finally stumbled on IT!

A 1998 one owner 1998 subaru legacy outback. One lady owned it she bought it in 98 with 200miles on it in atlanta. I still have the original window sticker etc. She is a 5 speed :) which i can never make my self go auto its just no where near as fun. It's got 144k miles interior is almost flawless engine bay is super clean and the body is in excellent condition. few fades and scratches but for paint from 1998 thats whats expected. but so far shes been great. loving all the room compared to what im used too.

plan on doing a few mods in time but shell suite me for my out west adventures utah, idaho, colorado. ill be putting her to the test in a few weeks.

heres a pic from the day i got her a few weeks ago.

paid 3200$ for her talked the guy down from 3800$. im my eyes it was a steal.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. b reel

b reel Active Member

needs a lift and some DMacks mounted on Team Dynamic wheels

congrats on the purchase, do you have the service history on it?

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Congrats ! Love the body style and color!! Welcome!

4. jrjcrf150f

jrjcrf150f New Member

i definitely want to get a nice suspension set up as well as wheels. and a new stereo system and speakers. its a little out dated.

wish she kept records she stayed on top of everythng from what she told me took it to a mechanic. i wish i new about the timing belt and im a little worried about head gasket issue after reading a lot of stories but theres no signs of anything i constantly check fluids and for leaks.

thanks glad to have found the site. member of several other ***atlanta.com car forums