New Tool album out on May 2nd!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Alex, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

enough said :bigthumb:

2. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Sweet! :bigthumb:

3. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

can't wait!!! my best friend is going to see them in Cali this weekend....lucky bastard...

4. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i am so sick of the song they have been playing, over, and over, and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over, on the radio. I hope the rest of the songs are better than it

5. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I dl'd the torrent hoping to hear something good. Not too impressed yet,
    though I haven't had a good chance to listen to it through completely.

I will buy the cd though, just to make up for dl'ing it.....

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Yea..ill probably buy it

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I'm really looking forward to this album and, hopefully, a tour to follow! I've had the pleasure of seeing them twice...amazing show!

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That is how I have felt about every Tool album thus far, but after listening to it a few times, that changes. Tool is my favorite band. I am sure Maynard won't let us down.

9. pEd

Yeah, I've listened to it a couple of times through now and will say that it's
    pretty good.

It still sounds like it should've been Disc 2 on Lateraus (sp??) though.

Truth be told I haven't even listened to it on a real stereo yet, this has
    all been through an Ipod

10. Alex

I didnt post my opinion yesterday, but its a damn fine cd. It is softer than Lateralus, but it is as enjoyable. Wait till you cd the album book, it is straight up trippy (best they've produced).

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I downloaded that cd about a week ago, haven't listened to it yet and don't know if its the full cd. I like all there other stuff though, so I'm looking forward to it.... Just cant get the new T.I. cd outta my player...

12. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Do tell how, please.

13. pEd

t3h torrent is your friend.....

14. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

It's about time I hope it isn't anything lke the last Perfect Circle CD! I want to hear angst ripping rif's and sardonic melodies! NOW! NOW :)

15. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

tool rocks, sadly im not surprised its another super long album, there songs are always atleast 7 minutes or so. hopefully it will be as good as aenima or hopefully even better.

16. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

anyone pick this up today? im curious how it is.

17. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Superdude, I used "alternative methods sometimes frowned upon..."... PM me if you really want to know...

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!:jerk: :jerk: :smileysex
    and i use those words sparsely.
    this is THE best example of druming/timing skills ever. this is just a wonderful roller coster ride of rhythm and timing. i was so scared that Maynard was going put out the same whiney political shit as Prefect Circle's last few CDs have been. no flipping singing lessons going on here. its all about the band, TOOL! Metal will live on......:bowdown:
    I just hope my 15'" can keep up. for those of you who are a fan, please BUY the CD. well worth the $9.89 at target.
    and as for the "Finding" CDs online. I will be intouch. Russia has some great music sites i'd love to share...:naughty:
    we'll be in touch.

19. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

glad to hear i need to pick up, there last few cds have ben amazing! i knew since he started focusing just on tool it would honestly help out alot.

20. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

YEah I heard it's a master piece! I only paid 9 something for GSmack and that was money well worth spending as well

21. Alex

private torrent sites are enjoyable as well :wiggle:

22. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Superdude... u a cop????

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

no he isnt

24. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have been listening to this CD all week, and have yet to make it past track 5. I listened to the entire CD at work once, but in the car, I keep switching back to track on to start over. Track 1, Track 2, and Track 5 are awesome.

25. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i finally got a chance to listen to some of this... typical tool in many aspects- excellent use of syncopation and nested rythms.

26. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i just saw this, that's the first time i've been asked that. :keke: :rofl:
    nope, photographer/designer. i get paid to doodle :fawk: