New uppipe/TBE!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by SonicBoom, Jan 9, 2005.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Just installed a 3" Stromung downpipe, Stromung axleback and PDE flex uppipe at Topspeed Friday. Still waiting for stromung midpipe and 3rd cat section which should be arriving in a week or so.
    Running Stage 2, 93octane with my accessport and all I can say is...Wow!
    First of all, It sounds perfect! not too loud at idle, then it growls like a bastard at WOT. It has that perfect boxer rumble, I think it sounds very similar to a V8. Also, you can hear the turbo like its sitting in your lap. when letting of the gas at full boost, it almost sounds like a BOV.
    As far as the power gains...with the AP that has to be at least 30hp..won't know for sure until Topspeed's dyno is up and running(which should be soon, workers were digging the hole for it Friday). It feels like a whole different car. There's barely any lag anymore and boost comes on so quick and hard it's scary. As I stated in another thread I'm kind've concerned it might actually be overboosting but we'll see(.12-.13 MPa's in 3rd-5th).
    If you don't allready have these items and have the means, I highly recommend the purchase..

2. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

i wanna go to stage 2 sooo bad!!! how is the quality of stromung dp??? I have their 3" catback which gets smaller to 2.5" at the end which mates to the 3rd cat. oh well... I'm thinking about Crucial Racing UP/DP combo.

BTW, how much the installation??? quality of installation??? time of installation???

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I can't speak for the crucial up/downpipe... as for the Stromung downpipe, it is a beautifull piece! Quality is topnotch and it has the divorced wastegate going on...As far as the PDE flex uppipe, it wasn't as pretty, but excellent quality, and spool up/sound/power are bad ass...
    As far as the install at Topspeed...Price was reasonable, 4 hours of labor came two $280, quality work, as for time..it ended up taking a while longer than expected. Porter is super busy trying to open that shop so.. he had lots of other business going on at the same time, not to mention the Dyno being put in at the same time as the install. I'd probably wait another couple weeks till they open and settle down a little bit if I were you. You never know though, call Porter and see what he has open.
    Stage 2 rocks! Its faster than I imagined...