New Volvo C30 Turbo

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ben@TTR, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Has anyone checked one of these out yet? I just got one to customize for Nalley Volvo. It seems pretty cool from what I've seen so far. A bit of a pain to work with though, the friggin radio is fiber-optic.

[​IMG]

You can see it has a little front mount!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I love the Model Description....

Ver 1.0 :rofl: :rofl:

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

wait wait wait....the sticker says manual transmission, yet that CLEARLY looks like an Automatic!!!

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I actually love the way this looks. Since they did away with Volvos "R" division/section, whatever, I am not holding my breath for a "hot" version though...

5. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

:rofl::rofl: I did'nt notice that lol. Now that is funny, I'll have to call them tomorrow and give 'em a hard time.

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That thing looks weird from behind. I wanna see it in person. Very interesting.

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

236 @1500-5000
    nice power band

8. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

another cylinder of displacement too :D

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I really like the looks of this car. I think I might get dressed up and head to the local volvo dealership and act interested in one so I can test drive one.

10. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I like the looks of this car. Not specifically with that wheel combo, but some of the other pics I've seen makes it look very nice. I'd
    rock it. There was probably somewhere on the sticker that says it was upgraded to an Auto as well.

11. Trey

Trey Active Member

You should order the factory body kit for it!!

[​IMG]

12. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^ there ya go.... much better looking.

13. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

14. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

hmmm... do they only come in brown?

15. cannarella

cannarella Member

I like it but the front end looks a lot like a Scion TC.

That rear window definitely gives you a lot of visibility.

16. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I like it. Wonder if they have an awd version

17. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

Fwd Ftmfl

18. Trey

Trey Active Member

You can get it painted any color.

19. Demo24

Demo24 Member

20. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=118818

"It's no sports car
    Based on Ford's C1 platform, the C30 shares its underpinnings with the S40, V50 and the second-generation (European) Focus. The MacPherson-strut front and multilink rear suspension is also a tried and trusted formula. The tune is more sporting than the S40 — Volvo spotters will notice the firmer ride quality — but the difference can be overstated. This is still no sports car."

Damn. still l look snice though. makes you wonder how much more HP you can get out of it if any.

21. That dash is, quite possibly, the ugliest dash I have ever seen. Maybe its just the missing center console that is putting me off.

22. 992.5RS

992.5RS Member

C30's Design Inspiration
    [​IMG]

23. Trey

Trey Active Member

[​IMG]

24. BigElm

BigElm Member

My buddy is the GM for Nalley Volvo, let me know what you're interested in and I'll put in a good word :D

25. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

that looks good..

26. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I just finished the custom system I mentioned in the OP. Just thought I would share some pics of how it turned out. It's going in the showroom at the Volvo dealership in Union City tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. 992.5RS

992.5RS Member

Looks good! I actually got an email reminder for this thread! Does that mean it's fixed?

28. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Thats the volvo dealership my parents went to to buy my mom's C70. I just went and checked out a C30 earlier this week but didnt get to test drive one due to nasty weather. The car is small in all aspects, I wasnt very impressed with the room in the hatch, at least compared to my wagon. I'm going to test drive one over christmas break for sure.

29. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

I got to test drive one. I was ok I still don't like volvo clutches but hey you can't have everything right? The "brown" on the car is carbon fiber. (At least on the one that I test drove). The sales rep that I talked to said that there will be an AWD version but not yet. Overall a nice smooth powerband. I'd hit it

30. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Nice, I didnt get to drive the one I messed with. It was an automatic anyway. :slap:

31. BigElm

BigElm Member

I just saw the same setup, same speakers and amp at my friend's dealer yesterday. I doubt this same car made it to Marietta from Union City, or did it? The car did have the bling factor for shoes too but you can't tell by your pics. It was white with an AT also.

32. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

had to be the same car, yeah its white with at. its a one off setup so im sure its the one i did. cool to know it made it to marietta. it didnt have any rims when i had it though.

33. Trey

Trey Active Member

Lets see pics of the car too. ;)

34. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

all the pics i have ive already posted. there are some of the outside in the op

35. Trey

Trey Active Member

So all you guys did was add a sound system? I thought there would be a body kit and wheels too.