No respect for other people's property

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by seeingred, Aug 16, 2006.

1. seeingred

seeingred Member

So, yesterday I was out at the strip mall off Ashford Dunwoody where they have teh new Super Target, etc having lunch with a friend. I typically park way the hell out there somewhere where no cars park because I know how respective people are of others property (slight sarcasm). Since I was in a rush, I decided to park beside a nice luxury car.

Go for lunch, come back and take a quick stroll around my beloved Scooby and what do I see, my second ding on the area above the wheels. What can I do at this point in time? The ding has been done!

Which leads me to.. Why the *&(&*())(*&JHK)&(*& do people not have respect or be careful with other people's properties? These people all just need to have their new cars keyed, egged, spray painted, tires slashed, wiper blades removed, tire wheels clamped, license plate removed and door handles pee'd on. Fudging idiots!!! Just needed to rant - that's all.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I hear ya! People Suck! Unfortunately its bound to happen. Hell I notice even if I park far away there is always that one jerkoff that has to park right next to me even though I park way out in BFE!

3. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

or they walk between the cars in lots and drag their f-ing shopping bags across your doors!!!!! this just happened to this weekend. first time i park in the crow and for sure the LAST TIME! stinking people!
    if i could kill 80% of the world, i'd love almost everyone!

4. seeingred

seeingred Member

I know right..

I was at Phipps this psat weekend. I parked way the hell out there where there are like 2 cars with lots of spots left around. This one numbnut has to his freakin Maxima beside mine.

Also, there are these other asses who do not return the shopping carts where they need to be and leave it right beside your car.

These ppl just drive me nuts!!!!!

Going crazy now thinking about that one new ding on my beloved scoobs!! :squint:

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

+1 for parking as far as possible, only to come back to find SUV's parked next to you... WHY? I obviously parked in BFE to get away from you... theres open spots everywhere and you just have to park next to me....Grrrrr....

6. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

they can't park their flippin' big ass suv in the spots near the other cars. they don't turn that sharp.

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

One time I was parked in a slanted spot. When I came out the car next to me obviously came in from the other direction and so was crooked as hell. They didn't even bother to straighten up either. There was literally less than a foot between the front of my car and theirs. Lucky I was driving a 60s car with extremely tough body panels, so they just left a paint chip where their door obviously hit mine.

8. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I know exactly how you feel. I just noticed 2 dents on my right front quarter panel...probably a shopping cart....People just don't give a damn about anyone else's property, or even their own at that...

Mark

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Jeeze I feel ya, it seems like no matter where you park some a$$ whole will park next to you and dent/scratch your car even if they in a luxury car they will still do it:grr::mad:

10. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

i hear that Mark...yesterday i saw this nice 06 vette parked in a corner spot at Sam's, and this chick was just waving her cart close...and when i say close i mean inches from the corvette. i just kept watching to see if she'd hit it, and if she did i would have approached her about it and found the owner. damn ppl grrr!

11. blink

blink Member

i gave up caring about all those dings.. theres no way to guard against.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You should see the tremendous amount of dents I have on both sides of my car; it is all from parking downtown everyday amongst inconsiderate folk.

13. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Yeah I hate that as well :rolleyes:

14. seeingred

seeingred Member

So.. next time you see my car ways out there,

Stay the hell away!

15. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yeah gonna have to start parking sidways take up two spots in BFE!!

16. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Sorry. Better luch in the future.

17. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

If you take up 2 spots, some dickhead will key you cuz they think your being cocky...

18. Honestly, I deliberately park next to people who park way out in BFE.

Why? Two reasons: Either they have been there for a long time and there is a small likelyhood of them coming back when I am there and dinging me, or they care about getting dings so I dont worry about getting dings from them.

Just my thoughts.

so far its worked for me. I have two dings. One I did ith my wife's car when getting a child out of the back seat, and another when I was in a rush and parked close to the front.

19. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

get over it... if you too concerned about door dings on your car, buy a ghetto beater to drive around.

That is the one parts I don't miss about my evo. I was lucky to be able to find good parking spots and never get a door ding on it, but now with the civic, I can pack in the closest spots near where I want to go without worrying about jack shit. My civic has tons of door dings from the 4 years that it served at Tech.

--
    Brian

20. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I disagree Brian... I spent a lot of money on my car(prolly more than I should have), I spend a lot of time washing/waxing to keep it looking nice. A door ding, while small, is a big deal to me. The fact that it can be avoided by people just paying attention makes it worse.... just my .02

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

^^^I agree.

22. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah. It really is too bad that some people are just straight up stupid sometimes. But if it were a perfect world..... Well you know.

23. blustreak

blustreak New Member

Do I have a story...well I parked the STi where there was no other cars around. I went into a salon and came back out like 50 mins. later and I saw that a crappy explorer parked kinda close to me and right away noticed a pretty big ding, obviously her fault. I called shane to come right away to help me find the owner. She worked at a restaurant near there and totally admitted that she did it. She said she would pay for it. So the next day we called for someone to fix it ($75). I should've known that she was going to avoid us. Finally we got a hold of her after a week and she said she was having hard times and that she was on probation. She said that she's not going to pay for it, we kinda got into it over the phone. F*#ckn B**ch, I don't know what i'm goin to do if I see her. I told her I was going to take further actions, but knowing me I don't want to deal with court and stuff, I guess we were just too nice. Def next time I won't be as nice. And def call the cops to deal with it. I could pull her bleach blonde hair out :keke:

24. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Tell her insurance company she admitted to doing it, has refused to pay for it and didn't report it. And then let them take it from there.

All it'll take is one phone call.

25. blustreak

blustreak New Member

I don't know what she goes through, don't even know if she even has insurance.

26. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

If you have her name and phone number, and where she works can you do a reverse phone number search and see if you can get a home address.

If so maybe you could file a small claims suit iwth the local magistrate court and get her served at home or work. Especially if Shane was a witness to her verbal admission of fault.

I don't know if it's worth it to you to persue a 75 dollar claim, but sometimes it is worth more than that to see atonement if she outwright lied to you.

27. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

The best way to avoid dents is to never leave your driveway....

28. techlord

techlord Active Member

Without proof I doubt they will do anything...proof or a police report.

Here is what I would do...

I'd call this hobag again get her to fess up and at the end of the conversation tell her that she was conferenced to a speaker phone and being recorded. This will only work if you make certain things clear in the conversation, first you must use her full name if you have it, and secondly describe the situation and get her to admit wrong doing.

Tell her that you will take action if she does not pay. If she thinks you are for real she will pay! What am I saying for 75 bucks I would just eat it, otherwise I would probably choke the bitch! Just a thought on my 5th jack and coke:)

29. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

A friend of mine just had his new RSX type S keyed by a total stranger for no apparent reason. People are evil.