October honeymoon?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FACE, Sep 25, 2011.

1. FACE

FACE Active Member

So where would you go for a honeymoon in October? I am a little concerned about weather and wanted to get some input.

Any thoughts?

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Hawaii. 75-80 year around. Honestly, out of all the places ive been-- Hawaii is my favorite.

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Florida Keys...provided there's no hurricanes predicted...or Puerto Rico.

Phoenix, Arizona should be a good get away...If you stay in Scottsdale.

4. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

We went to Maui in late September and it was perfect. October should be the same for that area.

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Costa Rica. Very nice and much cheaper than Hawaii

6. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

7. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

+1 Maui, it's awesome

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

THIS! and just over a 2hr flight. been to both and much much cheaper in Costa Rica. 25 cent beers in the local hangouts which BTW are made not much better than a shelter on Survivor. Gambling, active volcano, their zip line is the longest or was 7yrs ago.

9. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

+1 for Hawaii. Definitely if weather is an important factor.
    Lowest temps get are low 70s near december.
    I am from Hawaii and will definitely be going there for my honeymoon if i ever get married.
    Most people go to Maui, but Oahu has a lot of things to do like shopping, etc. As well as beaches of course.

10. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Embrace it. Pacific Northwest.

11. pleiades

pleiades Member

I would not worry about the weather as much as finding out where the new wife really wants to go. She might not tell you out right but you need to find out.

:wiggle: cheers

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

Taos New Mexico

13. Disney World. We're not beach people so that's where we went and we had so much fun. I've actually thought of writing a book on why its a good place to honeymoon. You will be treated well there as honeymooners. Honestly I think its more fun as an adult than as a child..... just saying... :)

14. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Helen Georgia. But not for Oktoberfest (too busy). Then you can run the gaps between consumating your vows.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  15. b reel

b reel Active Member

16. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Go to vegas. The weather is good during the day 80 degrees and 60 during the night.

17. Jake

Jake Active Member

you guys who are saying Hawaii must not have had to pay, its ridiculously expensive. can't say based on honeymoon experience, but i would think (other than a plane ticket), Europe (particularly the Mediterranean) could be had cheaper in October than the summer months. Plus there are always cruises. I always hear about people getting stupid good deals on week long cruises all over the place

18. FACE

FACE Active Member

Thanks for all the responses folks! If my boss is helping out I think we will be going to sandals in montego bay jamaca. They have a great deal on all inclusive package and a bunch of extras added. There are three resorts we can go between all right together.

If anyone has 420ed there pm me and tell me your experience :naughty:

19. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Went there for my honeymoon. Great place.

20. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, just know someone who got back from jamaica on their honeymoon yesterday. they had a GREAT TIME

21. thrasher722

thrasher722 Member

My wife and I go every November (our anniversary) to some place different. Here are the places we have been the past few years.

Breckenridge Colorado - I love to ski/board and she had never seen real snow (middle GA never gets snow). We had a good time but prob not the best honeymoon spot b/c of learning to ski (I was lucky that my wife picked it up quick). The sleigh ride to eat at Keystone was great though.

Hawaii - We stayed at 2 different resorts, it was fun buy very expensive. We did surfing lessons and other things but it costs a good bit.

Cancun (our 5 year anniversary) - One of the best places b/c of the all inclusive resort. We went to Le Blanc and because we stayed for 4 nights we got 1k to spend for different activities booked by the resort (Mayan ruins/snorkeling at a reef/etc..) and $500 to spend at the spa. They only offer that package at specific times of the year but if you want to do other stuff and not just stay at the resort, the package is worth it (check that you get this package before you book it, we used expedia to book it). Great places to eat there too, I will be going back.

St. Lucia - We went to and stayed at Jalousie for our honeymoon. It was great and not crowded. Some fun stuff to do there too, food cost a good big but we had a great time. The resort up the hill (not on a beach) is where Oprah stays. No wall in the back of the room (open to the woods with ocean view), we only went there to eat at the restaurant at that resort. Be careful what you pack, the airport did't have an X-Ray machine in 2005 so they look through your bag in front of you (and everyone else in line).

I would probably say St. Lucia or Cancun for a honeymoon, but that's just me.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  22. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

23. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I'll second the Disney Idea, The wife and I went for our Honeymoon and had a blast. We spent 9 days there in the Animal Kingdom Resort and it was truly awesome.

It is expensive if you stay on property and you don't find some kind of deal.

If you do decide you are interested let me know, there are a lot of behind the scenes activity's that you can do that are not advertised.

For example
    Behind the Scenes at Animal Kingdom
    Swimming in the Aquarium
    Behind the Scenes at Magic Kingdom (the whole park is on the second story, theres a hole system of underground tunnels that allow the characters to get from one side of the park to the other without two Mickeys ever crossing paths in public)

Etc..... We did a lot of them and it was way more fun than I thought it would be.

24. Ditto here on the advice. We know lots of things other people don't know. You need to stay on property.... no other way to do it properly in our opinion. We LOVED Animal Kingdom Lodge.

25. ghionw

ghionw Member

+1 for Jamaica. Everyone should go at least once.

Slightly biased being Jamaican.

26. FACE

FACE Active Member

Off to Jamaca we go!

Woot Woot!!

:wiggle:

27. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

congrats on the wedding!

28. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

congrats! have a fun time!

29. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

congrats! Have fun in Jamaica....

30. cMags

cMags Member

Congrats Burch! Saw some of Kings pics, looked like a great wedding! Have fun in Jamaica!

Sent from my Evo Shift using Tapatalk

31. Congrats! Have fun!