Oh so priddy...

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by moose, Feb 19, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Got my Autometer bezel in the mail, together with my second cobalt gauge. Popped it in to see how it'd look, and everything fit perfectly (the instructions on how to mount the brackets are backwards though). Stuck the gauges in to see what it'd look like, and I must say I am VERY pleased with this choice. Now I just have to wire 'em up and install the sensors (got the temp sensor plug from WRXtra that replaces the oil drain plug). Until then, I'll be cruising around with non-functional pretty gauges like a riceboy... :D

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

dont forget to post pics

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yeah, taking some soon. I've read up on the Cobalt gauges some, and think I'll drop a 10K pot inline for adjusting the brightness as they are allegedly a LOT brighter than you'd want out of the box... might still tap into the dash dimmer wiring as well, depends on how entrepeneurial I feel. :)

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Well, ran the boost line to the MAP sensor for the gauge. Tapped the nipple at the manifold, so I could extend the line with a t-fitting and a 2" vacuum hose rather than cut it (I like having my mods 100% reversible). Didn't find a really great place to mount the sensor, so it's zip tied off the pos cable for the battery for now...

Will probably dig into the wiring today or tomorrow, then do the temp sensor when I change my oil next (1,000 miles).

-moose

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

cannot wait to see it -- let me know if you need any help or anything of the nature.

best of luck :bigthumb: