Oh what a night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Well I go to pick my car up from the shop after getting the new goodies installed and well when I get there I was told a few more mins its almost done.
    Well I wait for a few and walk back there and one of the injectors is shooting fuel all over the place and for about an hour after that they continue to try and get it fixed the head mechanic walks over and tells me the injector ring that goes into the block is over stretch and he needs to order a new one and it'll be here mon. Which by all means sucks ass cause my tune appointment was for tomorrow at 2pm. So no tune tomorrow and no clue as to how it will run Hopefully I can get an appointment by wed or Thurs. Yet another wonderful day for me this last week has just sucked major ass.

I just really hope I can get it tune this coming up week cause I dont want to drive it no more then I have to.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

we had that same problem with milos bugeye a while back

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if u are talking about the 0-ring, u can buy those at autozone

like kris said, we had that problem with my bugeye... make sure that they remove 3 bolts to remove each fuel rail

4. They had it all broke down. I actually learned how to remove injectors with out pulling the intake manifold. I didn't think you could get those at autozone and the guys in the shop never suggested it. Oh well I guess he wants to make sure it wont leak and burn to the ground. I cant really get to pissed at the guy hes giving me hella discount and said if I could go through the week the week to get the car tuned he would take off and go for me.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u shouldnt have to remove the intake manifold to get to the injectors

6. Ive never messed with the injector and was told it was easier to do them when you take everything off but after watching the guys last night I think its easier the way they were doing it.

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea injectors are cake once the GBOD are off

8. Gbod??????

9. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Greens Brackets Of Death.

They're there to keep the fuel rail and injectors from being bent and leaking in a wreck... they're also a giant bitch to take off.

10. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

yes Gbod gotta love em

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

...Late December back in '63.

12. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Ha ha..... Thats the same thing I was thinking.

13. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I have one you can have if its still not worked out. PM me.

Stupid GBODs....

14. and Ive been tring to figure out why that songs been in my head for the past 2 days