OK, the fuel smell is killing me...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by StarquestAndyR, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Last year it was only on the coldest days that I would smell some fuel when it first started...

Now its all the time... I have to drive fast to keep the fumes at bay, and in rush hour traffic thats a tough thing to do. heh.

So, does anyone have a how-to on replacing the fuel line that is leaking, cause I cannot afford to pay to have it fixed right now.

Thanks.

Edit: I was going to post this in the how-to sections, but it seems to be for mods, not repairs...

2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Just dont pull a Bobby, heh. How-to is for anything and everything related to "How do I".

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

5. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i believe you can take your cars in for TSB work even after the warranty is up, when i had my scuby the basic warranty was up but i still got both of issues taken care of.

6. Well, it looks like a lot of people have had success in getting their dealer to help them out.

I'll give that a try first.

Thanks.

7. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

guess i need to do the same, i thought it was just running catless.

8. jeb

jeb Member

I have this problem too, I'm still under extended warenty but will any of the local dealerships fix it with my dp on?

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

go to SOG and make sure u talk to neil in service... if anyone can do it, he can

10. Thanks for the tip. I'll do that.

11. Trey

Trey Active Member

Man I just thought it was suppose to stink like that. Mine reaks to high heaven when I'm parked in the garage and the engine is shut off. Smells like fuel is spilled on the pavement behind the rear pass tire.

It's aweful, I'll check out the dealership route.

Thanks!!