OLM led high/drl lights No Good

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by kaylee, Sep 30, 2014.

1. kaylee

kaylee New Member

I purchased the OLM led lights from Subispeed for my 2015 STI, and in 1 month they both went bad, due to the led chip partially separating from the board, so just to warn everyone , do not purchase them for the almost $90 they will fail, plus you can get the same bulb on ebay for $68.

2. kaylee

kaylee New Member

So I sent Subispeed an email stating my concern over the bulbs failing, and it seems that it's happened more than once. Here is his response:
    Hello Kaylee,

Thank you for your response.* I've passed it on to the manufacturer, and this morning I looked at a couple of bulbs that had failed.* For the first time an LED came off the board, and that really validated your statements.* I could also see signs of heat buildup on the board as well.

Last night I started the search for alternate products with either adequate passive cooling or a combination of larger heat sinks and a fan.* It would be great if we could eliminate the fan and find adequate passive cooling.* Eliminating an item that has the potential for failure would be nice as long as.* As you already know the DRL bulb is probably stressed more than any other one on the vehicle.* The amount of time it stays on and the fact that it's used during the hottest hours can reek havoc on it.

It looks like they might have sent you a replacement along with return label.* If so, you can return it all, and I'll ask someone to refund you for the product.

V/R,

Chris

3. kaylee

kaylee New Member

I sent him another response, and he is looking into another bulb design, and even stated that I should let him know how the new bulbs work out. He is also willing to send some new ones later. Great customer service, I will deal with them again. Bad bulbs, but not their fault, I give subispeed, a thumbs up for customer satisfaction.

4. kaylee

kaylee New Member

This is what happened to the bulb:

Attached Files:

5. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Sucks about the bulb. But kudos to them making it right.

6. kaylee

kaylee New Member

Yeah I am now a fan of the company, just not the bulbs.