One month impression

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by K12R, Jun 8, 2013.

1. K12R

K12R New Member

So it's been almost a month since I picked up my WRX and just went over 1k on the odometer. Would have been close to 400 if it weren't for a business trip to Savannah.

I have to say I absolutely love driving this car. The days I commute on my motorcycle, I miss driving it and have to tell the wife I need to run some phantom errands. The acceleration is exhilarating every time, and the cornering capability astounds me on every on ramp and curve. The engine sound gives me a boner whenever I start the ignition.

Now, for the bad. The road noise inside the cabin while cruising above 75 mph is deafening. Which makes it quite apparent how crappy the stock sound system is. The road noise and the tinny sound system almost made the long ride to Savannah unbearable if it wasn't for the occasional spirited overtakings I did above 5k rpm. The seats have almost no padding. My lawn chair would have been more supportive on my ass and lower back. BTW, I am a 44 year old senior citizen.

Everything considered, I am still very happy with the car. Whenever I am in it, the car transforms me into a teenager and make me drive like one. I become one of those people I used to call "jack asses." Which in my mind is priceless.

2. KGraska

KGraska Member

Glad you're happy with your purchase!

When I bought my first WRX I was amazed at how different it handled compared to everything else I had driven up to that point.

There is tons of info on the net about sound proofing your WRX, which is definitely worth looking into if you plan on keeping the car for a while.

3. K12R

K12R New Member

I am not too worried about the sound. It's still much quieter than the motorcycle.

After all, I'm getting the performance of a 40k+ sports car from a well equipped Civic price.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

The stereo has been crappy in every Subie I've owned.. from the STI to Legacy...