Opinion on a photo

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by SilverBullet2.5, Jun 29, 2008.

1. What does everyone think of this photo i took today on the square in covington. Ive heard so far that its good layout and framing but bad contrast. I do alot of images with high contrast because i like the grittier look but tell me what you think.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm not a fan of the gritty look...I like a crisp, clear image :D

3. Understood.....i think it really depends on the situation i guess....

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

+1 for that

5. Oh, i might want to add its my first attempt at automotive photography and it was kinda spur of the moment that there was a large group of general lees in one location. lol.

6. FACE

FACE Active Member

I agree with Matt but its is a cool shoot.

7. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I'm not an expert but here is my opinion :

contract is a bit much like you stated, maybe a touch of white balance and brightness adjustment would help

it appears the photo has been cropped so the car takes up the majority of the picture frame which translates to little depth, more background could help. It's mostly up to personal taste

overall I agree others that it is pretty cool, good job

8. schneid

schneid Member

the bottom of the photo is too dark i think

9. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

i think its hott dude, but do some clear photos too

10. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

I think that more than anything, you need a lower POV, like about 3 feet lower. The high angle that you shot from is kind of boring.

As far as the look, it is a very stylized photo, and I feel like that limits it. A picture can always be tweaked to look "extreme", that is easy, but it is much harder to get a correctly balanced contrast ratio.

oh...and 69 Charger FTMFW!

p.s...this is a 4 month old thread.