Overhauled TEIN Flex

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by techlord, Feb 8, 2007.

1. techlord

techlord Active Member

Well JWX helped me get those puppies out of the suby a few weeks back and that same day i sent them to TEIN in Cali. for a hefty fee of 80 bucks as I sent the entire CO's as I wanted them completely checked out. Took a week for ground to get them, and I was VERY dissapointed that they knew I was sending them but failed to tell me that the only engineer they had was going to be on vacation convieniently the day they arrived.

After a discussion with the guy Joe, he did the inspection before he left for vacation and a rod had to be ordered from Japan. The rod came in the day the engineer got back from vacation and he pumped them out in 2 days so as to get them to me in time for dyno day. I am extremely satisfied with everything and will be installing tomorrow (with the help of JWX).

The only complaint...it seemed as if they had no interest in talking to me on the phone. Being somewhat of a noob well to CO's at least I had ?'s and had to keep the conversation going to get my answers.

Total cost with shipping = $660 that included the replaced rod (60 bucks but not necessary unless scored) and they replaced all the valving and fluid and dust boots and matched spring rate on dampening.

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Thanks for the info.
    I'm thinking it's about time to have mine rebuilt and I was wondering
    what the total cost was (roughly anyways).

So how long were you without them? ~2-3 weeks?

3. techlord

techlord Active Member

about 3 weeks but the engineer was on vacation which really did not matter in my case as they had to order the rod.

Oh and I had them 3 day them back to me. So with out rushed shipping and no rod prolly just under 6 bills

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  4. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

been thinking about doing this also. mine could definatly use and overhaul.
    thanks for posting this.

5. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

nice, I am looking into coilvers near the fall of this year.

Nice car, can't wait to see the power it will make!

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

WJM - Clean out some PM's dammit I need an alignment.