OWWWWWWW! I broke a tooth...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by StarquestAndyR, Jun 30, 2005.

1. I've had this problem with my tooth for awhile now. It is a rear molar that has a very large filling in it from when I was a kid (still am in my head) and used to eat alot of jawbreakers.

So I had lunch yesterday at TAco Mac (awesome place, I have been and will be a customer for life) and got an order of the queso nachos appetizer. Very tasty.

Anyway, I think one of the nacho's broke that very tooth. Now everyone has had times when a piece of chip gets lodged in between teeth, and it comes out easily later on. So I think no big deal. Well, at 4:00 this morning I wake up with a shooting pain in my mouth just by clenching down my teeth slightly...

I went to the dentist today and they said the tooth is ruined. nothing they can save, so I have to get it removed, then have a bridge put in... Total damage = $2500.00 AFTER insurance... :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

So the lesson for the day is... insurance willcover cleanings and filling 100%, but everything else is your fault for neglect... I'm going to go to the dentist twice a year for cleaning now... and my family will be doing the same.

How does that saying go? A penny of prevention is worth a pound (or dollar for us americans) of cure. That can apply to modifying a car too... :wiggle:

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Owies.

3. fez

fez The Arabian Sensation

get some carbonfiber to replace it man, itll be a nice weight reduction and should take the pressure...

...but seriously, i know what it feels like to break a tooth...fuking painful, so uh, i got vicodin if you want...

4. LOL, that carbon fiber idea is much better than my previous idea...

And thanks for the pain relief offering, but we have a strict rule in our house about narcotics... my wife is currently recovering from a number of surgeries and is coming off of narcotic pills at the moment... They gave me a scrip for Loretabs that I cannot get either... good thing for me I rarely take anything for pain, so advil is enough to keep me coherent for now.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hahahahaahahhahahhahahahahahahahaha