Paint Help Please!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by truegiant, Dec 16, 2007.

1. truegiant

truegiant Member

Well. I am not sure really where to start. I guess this is more of a please help me thread then a styling type thread. Since I am almost done with the modifications I wish to do to my WRX for now (atleast until I find out if I have to go back to Iraq now that I have had my surgery). I picked up this Honda EG Hatch for a daily beater to keep miles off the Suby. I have always been a honda fan and have owned around 12-15 in the past 8 years or so. Anywho... I have a build thread going for it on ImportAtlanta.com . http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151848 - You can see the updates on the second page with the color I am painting the car (Graphite Grey Metallic). I suck at painting large areas but am rather good in the tight ones (because those are the ones no one really looks at - haha) I am doing all the prep/painting work on the jambs because I dont want to pay someone an extra 500 to do it. What I am getting at is does anyone paint cars in the savannah area? Or does anyone know anyone who does a good job that wont break the bank on me. I want to have my wrx painted just to put it back to a prestine clean condition. I want the hatch painted because it is fugly! I am going to pay someone professionally to do my wrx because i do really care what it looks like. Well the hatch is a hatch and a daily beater.

On to my next question. Does anyone know of any upholster's in the savannah area? I have some pieces on both my hatch and my wrx that I want to put the black suede on. I think suede interior accents look sexy! Nothing crazy but something clean that will give it that race car cockpit look! I was going to gut the hatch like i did to all my other hatchs' but i have out grown that look i think ... so!

Suggestions/ comments/ concerns/ anyone want to help a brother out? I am willing to drive somewhere and do it over a weekend if that is possible. I have some time off on convalesent leave until the first of the year. So.. I know its christmas time but does anyone want to make some extra cash for the holiday and help spray a car???? Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

10th St JDM can do the upholstery work for you, they've done many pieces for the Subaru in Alcantara, leather and suede. Send them a PM :D