paintballers here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigb996, Sep 21, 2005.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

anyone play paintball or have a gun here? i just have a spyder now but i enjoy playing. was gauging to see if we might have enough to have a g2g.

2. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i have a spyder tl but i havent played in about 4 years

3. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

that makes one. I maybe purchasing a model 98 here soon. Nothing like shooting up peeps :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  4. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I haven't played in a while but would love to.

5. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

i'm too scared to play. i hear it hurts...

6. lostinthewoods

Stuff ya self with toilet paper :)

7. married05gt

married05gt starting over

I always play in jeans and a t-shirt. If your good you will not get shoot very many times. I on the other hand get shott alot. It only hurts for a couple mins. I would love to have a paintball G2G, most of the paint ball fields have good group rates.

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

well we could go somewhere or we could come to my place and i can set up a course, and grill out. i usually play in jeans, and a tshirt or sometimes even a wife beater:)....you get used to it, but sometimes it hurts like a mofo

9. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I played for the first time a month back...great time! If a G2G insues, I'm there!

Hurts...smurts...you won't feel it until the next day. :evil: Or, just don't get hit. :)

10. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I would be very down for a PB G2G, might even buy a "starter" gun to play with....

11. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i got my spyder slightly used last summer to have something to play with again and i got it for 65.00 shipped in perfect condition on ebay. Its a shutter too which is one of the better guns they made. You can get an electronic full auto, burst, and semi gun for 100.00. Or like keith suggested a model 98 is good to start with. You can get either and they are reliable guns for 100.00 or under.

12. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

I used to be big into that, and I have two guns at my parents place back in Louisiana, figured having them in college would be a bad idea. I'd have to get them shipped up. One's a SP Shocker Turbo and the other is a Spyder SE with electronic trigger. The spyder has a chrome 16" spiral rifled and ported barrel, totally sick looking.

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

ive never been... but it sounds like fun

14. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Let's try and get something together!

15. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I would definitely be in. I know a buddy of mine at work here plays alot. I might be able to talk him into letting me borrow one of his guns. I started a thread about this a while back, but dropped the ball and nothing ever came of it. Lets definitely do this, would be a great G2G.

16. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

absolutly:) lemme ask the rents if it would be cool or not. I have 10 acres in Monroe about 15 miles from lawrenceville and 12 from athens. I will need to take my bunkers over there from this house. If you guys dont mind the drive there we can do it there im sure. Or if you guys have a good place or know a good place we can do that. Personally i would rahter play at someones house that a place. The places usually get to crowded and we can have a cookout and stuff.

17. dlowman

dlowman Member

I say we pick Milo and Alex out and we all hunt them down :) Just a little fun with the mods ;) It won't hurt guys honest lol

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ive been wanting to do a WRXatl paintball event for a while. Glad to know people are interested. I love playing, I'm decent, but I own no equipment.

Keep this going, we'll figure something out.

19. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

Alex i know we can get some extra guns.

20. Goose013

Goose013 Member

I just sold my Shocker :( too bad! Needed car parts :)

21. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

For those that don't own and don't want to go out and buy your own, most places rent equipment. I played here http://www.ultimatepaintballgeorgia.com/ with work a month ago...decent prices and fields, just throwing it up as an option.

22. married05gt

When I play I take nothing with me. Group rate where we went was $40.00/person and that included 500 paintballs, a gun, a mask, and unlimited CO2. The only problem with having it at someones house is how do we refill the tanks. I went threw 10 16oz co2 tanks last time I played.

23. lostinthewoods

damn you must shoot like mad. I know you had to have used more than 500 paint balls. LOL

24. married05gt

yes the last time I played we did 6 rounds of speed ball and played capture the flag several times. the field that I go to has a huge castle on one side and barecks on the other. We were shooting at 300fps(200mph) so yes I used alot of paintballs. They will sell you extra PB if you run out.

25. Trey

Trey Active Member

I played for a year or two and have an 03 Autococker. I'd love to play again. There is a place off L'Ville Hwy north of Sugerloaf. It's an outdoor field that has inflatables for speedball. LOTS of fun. People there are really cool. It's called Wild Bills.

http://www.wildbillspaintball.com/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Goose013

Goose013 Member

I've seen that Wild Bill's place and it looked nice. Very level playing fields. Ultimate is set up on a hill and last time I played there it smelled like garbage, but its still pretty popular.

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

for some wierd reason, i dont like that suggestion :eek:hnoes:

28. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

Great idea, count me in

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u can have the other side marker... just leave me alone :eek:hnoes:

30. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

this will be awesome, i call standing in the back field on my gimp sticks (crutches) with the auto cocker and doin a little back field work. i also have an old spyder and mini mag that i will let go super cheap if anyone wants them. they will both come with a mask, hopper, and co2/nitro set ups. let me know if anyone is interested, if not ill let other people use them at the g2g. wild bills is a good group of guys and have pretty nice rental guns. there is another place towards gainsville called maximum pb that has a bring your own paint deal which can save u several bucks as feild paint isnt cheep.

31. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

personally i dislike wildfire....ever since they went to the location off of 78 i have not liked it. Wild bills is cool, i wanna see that place with the castle too. I used to have a minimag w/nitro and an autococker w/nitro but i sold them out before paintball lost some of its value. also had an EM1 back in the day haha....ever since i grew out of it i can be happy with just my shutteR:)

32. Trey

Trey Active Member

Yeah, evey time I've been at wildfire, some slacker is walking around with their loadded gun and no stopper in the barrel. That place needs new management or something.

33. CROSSeyed

CROSSeyed Member

We used to play field ball (CTF) on some land people let us use in Jefferson. I've never played speed/arena ball. I had a 50# liquid CO2 bottle for a year (got it refilled once ($35) then it sat, and I sent it back almost full). For what they charge for refills, it might be cheaper to rent a 50# bottle and take it with (assuming the field lets you use your own CO2, or you are on your own field).

34. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea fields let you use your own c02 and nitro...its the paint they bank on

35. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

At least He's bigger than me...I have white man camo!