painted lights

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Tom's WRX, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

well i have looked hard and long for some people that want to paint lights. i really really really want to do it like YESTERDAY. but i dont want to blow it so... if there is anyone out there that knows how to do it so i dont blow it. hit me up. i know that there are a few more people that want to do it so... lets have a painting G2G. im game to do it all weekend and i have a big garage can fit atleast 3 cars and plenty of parking. aside from that i have a perfectly good working oven to bake them in. LET ME KNOW.

2. socrates42

socrates42 Member

sounds fun

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'd like to do this once this semester is over.

4. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

it's super easy, i'd lend a hand if i'm available

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

ive done mine and 2 other wrx's but both were bug eyes..they are easy..i have never done the new hyundai looking headlights(j/k :p ) but im down

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

doing it on wrx's shouldn't be too bad... but doing it on an sti is scary... if anything leaks near those HIDs :eek3:

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'm more interested in just clearing them. It keeps the 04 JDM look.

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I suggested this a long time ago and nothing ever really happened of it, mainly because I didnt have my car . . .

I want to do this to my rex and even will just come along and watch you guys so I can do it myself.

9. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I want to do this, but am currently waiting for the rumored 2.5l wagon with a sunroof for the 06 MY. No mods until then...:(

10. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

hahahah

man you are forever waiting for something. i heard that they are never putting another wrx out. EVER! j/k

11. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

what day?

lets do this, what day is good for everyone?

12. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

i would be down, but I'm goin to do the safer route. Scott @ SOG has the black, blue, yellow film that goes over the headlights with a heat gun. Plus you can make it as dark as you want. Pretty much like tinting your headlights. Plus I can always take it off if I need too...

13. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

FREEKING HEAT GUN

i have one of those, i totally forgot about that. thats a great idea, that way you wont have to bake the lights to get it apart. Thanks for the idea mike.

14. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

04's and thew other newer, more awesome headlights are easier because they have the screws in the casing. You don't have to recaulk them!