painting calipers

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by AthensWRX, Feb 17, 2005.

1. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

what's the involvement in painting the calipers? cost? time? I think that can add a lot to your wheels. Weapon, how did you do yours? Maybe we could have a G2G to paint them

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

its easy..1 can of high temp caliper paint and some sand paper.. unfortunately someone took a high pressure hose to my calipers so i need to do them over..took maybe 1-2 hours..very easy mod..im free any night after 6pm

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i might be down for this too

4. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

is it tough to get the calipers off, i've never looked at doing that?

5. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Let me know when u plan on doing this I have 18" 6 spoke wheels that u can see right thru

6. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

sounds pretty good to me...

7. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I would like to do this also. We could do it at my house if we only have a few people 5-6 (due to parking constraints).

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I would like to do this as well.

9. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

i wnet ahead and ordered a g2 paint system for brake calipers... i don't know when i can get down to ATL during the week. you guys wanna try something next weekend?

10. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Ooh this sounds fun.

It all depends on when I'll get my car back.

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll be at the track next weekend

12. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

whats the g2 paint system? should just need high temp engine paint

13. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

i just searched for caliper paint and this seemed to be the one to get. was about 30 bucks and came in different colors.

14. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i didnt even take my calipers off..just my rims..and then just tape the hell outta it with some garbage bags to..its easy..can of paint from autozone pep boys is like 6 bux..el cheapo mod

15. married05gt

are we still doing this if so next saturday is good for me. We can do it at my house if u guys want to come to Buford. Got plenty of BUD LIGHT.:beer:

16. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I'm game

17. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

i think i can do next saturday, sunday afternoon might be better though. don't worry about me though i'm far away. you guys make plans and if i can make it too i'll come.

18. married05gt

I can do sat. or sun.

Athens wrx do u have enough paint for several wrb cars if yes I will pay u for some if not wear can I get it.

P.S. if u guys want to do it at my house just let me know what day, and the best time. I'm open all weekend

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i might be able to make it on sunday... however, saturday i will be at talladega

20. married05gt

Sunday would be great. If we do it on sunday I will come down to talladega on sat.(just to watch).

21. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

huummmmmm never...... Let's just buy STI's dude?

22. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

the system says it comes with enough paint for four calipers so i don't think i'll have any extra. just search g2 caliper paint on google to find it. sunday!

23. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Bah, I am scheduled to teach a class on Sunday from 1:00 to 5:00pm. I really would like to do this though. Hopefully I can just let you guys do it and tell me what things to avoid...:p

24. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Only if I can get an STI wagon!

25. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

so i got my caliper paint and my schedule is starting to look like i can't make it to ATL this weekend. i might just do it and let you guys know any mistakes i find and give you pics.