parking info atl airport

Discussion in 'General Community' started by pyrosyrus, Dec 15, 2008.

1. pyrosyrus

pyrosyrus New Member

Im coming into atl christmas morning to fly out of atl airport. Be arriving at 8am ish. Looking for a good spot to park the scoob for 14 days that wont rape my wallet. Only place I could find on the net close to the airport wanted $185 bucks. OUCH!!!! Anyone know of a place with better rates thats safe??
    Im coming from the good ole birmingham.

2. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

depends

depends on what car you have

i know of a real good place to park and very secure
    just keep gas tank full and leave keys
    will even drop you of at MArta and pick you up

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I haved a cheap service beofer that was covered parking for $5.50 a day but can't seem to find it. Your best bet might be Marta. I don't think they charge much for their parking decks and they have 24 hour security. Park there and ride Marta down to the Airport. Where are you coming from?

4. Dante

Dante Member

Park and Ride at the Airport is $9/day, so $126 all total, but that's steep too. I'd look into MARTA, or someone on the board that wouldn't mind a car in thier driveway for two weeks?

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Does anyone have space in their garage and could give him a ride/taxi to the airport?

6. pyrosyrus

pyrosyrus New Member

Found a motel 1mile from airport. Wellesley Inn! motel parking and 1 nights stay for $99. Is that a safe part of town or a good motel or is it a dump ran by bin ladens cousin???

7. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Any motel by the airport is not in a good part of town.

8. integroid

+10000000000

9. pyrosyrus

pyrosyrus New Member

Im going to look into the microtel collage park. They have security and said very safe lot. Anyone know of this place. Is it ok or n/a?

10. FACE

FACE Active Member

college park....no not my idea of a safe haven for the suby to be left unattended...just my .02

11. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Dude, I would NOT park at a hotel/motel for 2 weeks. That will get noticed, and depending on the part of town, will get "acquired" by someone else.

I think your best options are, either an airport lot, or a MARTA lot. Pony up the $$ to keep your car safe IMO

12. pyrosyrus

pyrosyrus New Member

I think you are right. Guess I will ante it up. My dd beater is down and wont be going before then so Im forced to drive the scoob until I can get the beater back to beating.

13. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

What he said......

My apt complex is very safe, but I am in Duluth.

14. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

How much does it cost to rent a car one way twice? Or find a vanpool headed to Atlanta. I know that there are shuttles between Chattanooga and Atlanta, there are probably some between here and there also.

15. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Find a friend who will drive you here. You know your car is safe, and piece of mind about your car is priceless.:) My .02.

16. integroid

^+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

17. pyrosyrus

pyrosyrus New Member

I normaly would just get a friend to drive me. But I am heading to the usvi for christmas with the wife. When I get back Im driving from atlanta to pc beach to spend the weekend with family. Im gonna just pay $12 a day at the airport for covered parking. That $168 sure would by alot of :beer: in the vi. :D I hope airport parking is safe.

18. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

You could leave the car with me, I live about 45 minutes total from the airport and am out in the country and noone can see the house from the road. No garage but a safe place. Of course you would be trusting a stranger though, but at least I'm a Subaru fan. Charge? How about the gas money and a 12 pack...so like $30? Saves you money too! Pm me if you want.

19. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Marta parking at Lindbergh City Center is the best bet for the price that I can recommend personally. Marta headquarters and some ATT(formerly Bellsouth) buildings are all on top of the Marta station and there are about 3 seperate covered garages. 20 min ride to the airport on Marta. I'd offer my driveway, but I'll be out of town for a few days after Christmas. DO NOT leave it in a motel parking lot. If you have a beater you care too much about your car to leave it like that. Hope this helps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=575+morosgo+dr+atlanta+ga&sll=33.789438,-84.378438&sspn=0.129825,0.219727&ie=UTF8&ll=33.824918,-84.36852&spn=0.008111,0.013733&t=h&z=16

20. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Actually, I'm going to have to retract my offer, a couple posts above. Reason being I did something to my already bad left knee and can barely put any pressure on that leg so no driving a manual for me for an indefinate amount of time. Sorry.