PC problems

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by blindfold, Oct 19, 2007.

1. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I finished the process of building my computer, W\well I put everything together today with my choice of parts, however I ran into some problems. The computer boots up on the first try, but soon as it passes the DMI pool verification it does not boot. I have made changes so that it boots from my DVD-RW first, the problem is I get this "boot disk failure, please insert system disk", I have tried 2 CDs and I get the same result. I looked all over the net, talked to anyone that knows anything about computers tonight and just no luck. So if you guys have any ideas, I would appreciate it.

On the sidenote, DVD-rom does spin and attempts to read the CD...

2. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Sounds silly but when I had a similar problem I put the jumper on the back of the drive to Cable Select and it started working. Try experimenting and see if any of the settings will help. I think on one mobo even the order in which I had the power cables made a difference.

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I could help ya, but it'll cost at least $19.99. :rofl:

4. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

i get a similar problem with mine, but all i do is enter the bios and exit it again without making any changes and it boots up fine. it is almost like the harddrive is taking forever to spin up...

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

assuming there is nothing in the floppy drive or cd drive the hard drive is not properly installed. Can you see it in the bios?

6. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

where do you live

7. Demo24

Demo24 Member

sounds like the cable is in the wrong slot. disc drive goes in IDE2

8. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Also check to see if the ribbon cable is connected blue to the motherboard, black to the HD and it is configured as master or cable select on the jumper.

9. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

everything was installed correctly, I found out it was my CD, it's somehow not bootable...

Thanks to everyone that tried to help, appreciate it.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

so is the problem fixed?