People suck

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Jul 25, 2006.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Was over at Starbucks with a cow-orker just now... about to pull out of the parking lot when we hear a 'crunch' and look over to see a grey/silver van sitting there. Van pulls ahead a few feet, stops, then pulls ahead another twenty feet or so, stops again, and pulls away. I figured something was amiss so got the tag #. Pull around to the row he was in and sure enough, there's a Honda Accord sitting with the bumper on the ground.

Guy (or girl) KNEW he hit that car when pulling out, and just decided to take off. :rolleyes:

Luckily a couple of Gwinnett's finest were in Starbucks, so I wandered in there and gave them the information. Hopefully they'll catch 'em.

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

nice job!!! sometimes people can be so stupid!!! I hope they get caught...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I got hit by a lady backing up in a parking deck while I was in the car. It was on private property and I was late for work, so I told her we could just exchange information later. She accepted responsibility right away and gave me her info. Needless to say, later that night her husband called me, said he was a retired state trooper and threatened to report me for hit and run. A quick call to my lawyer and I was told that I had nothing to worry about, but would not be reimbursed for the paint damage unless I wanted to go to court, and even then, it was a gamble. Thanks for looking out for someone though Moose. And for everyone else, always ALWAYS call the cops, no matter how minor the damage...

4. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Definitely nice job. I hope they get a nice ticket along with that insurance claim against them.

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Well, got a call from the owner of the Accord. He wanted to thank me and said the he got the information from the cops on the other guy. Score one against the bad guys. :)

6. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Awesome! Good looking out!:bigthumb:

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Good for you:bigthumb: I wish someone saw whos crappy kids scracthed my car.

8. Was it the Starbucks on 78 at Lake Lucerne? That's a stupid tiny parking lot.......

Good job looking out! :D I was handing out tickets like they were candy this past week, and 2 of them were for exactly that: duty upon striking an unattended vehicle......... hit and run. I think it's the heat...... cooking these peoples' brains and making them stupid......

9. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

No, this was the Starbucks by work, Sugarloaf Pkwy close to 316. I agree the lot at Lake Lucerne is a disaster... but I asked them about it and they claim that the county owns the part of the lot that's near the road and they can't mess with it.

10. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

:]

http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1514