photoshop fun!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by JM5999, Jun 4, 2006.

1. JM5999

JM5999 Member

felt like playing around with photoshop yesterday, here's some STI color changes...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i actually saw a dark hunter green 02-03 wrx with gold rims in chicago one time, i must say it looked hot

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i saw a red one in PR last year

4. Kreeger

Kreeger Member

that last olive-colored (aka babyshit) one is kickass....

5. clbourq

clbourq New Member

im also a big fan of the last one...although still feelin the love for the white...

6. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

wow the green is just loving me and calling me to color my wrx :)

7. suby113

suby113 Member

pretty cool, but Jordan you have too much time on your hands Dude!

8. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

did you use levels or hue/saturation to changethe colors. the shadows are holding their detail well. just wondering, i'm a huge PS nerd.

9. JM5999

JM5999 Member

i'll get back to you on that!

10. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

hahahaha, right-O! no worries, just wondering. i do that a lot the photos i take for catalogs.

11. JM5999

JM5999 Member

if i had photoshop in front of me it'd be easy. I basically removed the background from the image, created a single color mask cutout of the image, then changed the layer properties to soft light or color burn, whichever looked better, and drop opacity to between 60-80%. Then all you have to do is use the gradient fill on that layer, and it will keep changing colors but keeping the reflections and everything.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  12. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

that's a cool little trick. i'm gonna have try that out and see how it works. thanks man, i love learning new things with PS. there's a thousand and one ways to do the same thing. so fun!!!