photoshop help

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by nicad, May 7, 2008.

1. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Anyone here seriously awesome with photoshop and color manipulation?
    I have a photo with black in it, that needs to get turned into grey. tried color replacement tool, linear dodge with layers, etc. Simply adjusting the hue/lightness makes it washed out looking.

If anyone can help me, OR knows someone who can, there will be $$ involved for the help.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Noob!

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

stop shitting up my thread

4. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Yeah, we should delete the post, lock the thread and ban this troll!

But onto topic, black is the hardest color to change, can you change saturation just in that area to help the washed out look?

5. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

You might try to download the beta of Lightroom 2.0, its selective color adjustments are supposed to be really well implemented....

6. Galimore

Galimore Member

Hmm select the black, cut/paste it into a new layer, then opaque-blend it with a white background works pretty well if the area is somewhat selectable. Good luck!

Alternatively post the image and let people diddle with it :)

7. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

curve??

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

just trying to change the saturation makes it look screwy. looks like i might have to get down and dirty and cut it out. if anyone wants to screw with it and made it look better, drop me a line. we can work something out :)

9. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I think curve will do this job the best. Grab bottom of slope (of RGB) and move it up. In this way, only black colors will get lighter (turn to gray) without effecting too much of lighter color.