pissy at my xboxes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jt money, Jun 30, 2005.

1. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

:grr: man i gotta vent someware. :grr: so i went out and buy a digital av cable for my xbox. hook it up and no go. all i get is pcm 48 signal. ive looked it up and did everything im supposed to do. only thing is on the xbox dashboard under settings/ audio there is no dolby digital like the instructions said to select. all the games i own are in game DD so thats not the problem. im tellin ya im gonna buy ps3 next time. really i cant believe how much of a rip off the xbox is. when i got my first one it was $300. plus 35 for dvd remote. plus 40 for xbox live package. plus 50 to run that a year. plus this new av cable for DD that was 30 bucks. plus all the games at $50 a pop=500 easy. oh and the extra controllers i now have 8 on 2 xboxs=80. thats a total of a lil over a grand with the xbox packet i bought from on here. the pisser is most of this came standard on the ps2.

2. Vektra

Vektra Member

I love my xbox. 200gb hard drive got the HD cables from someone for free I just need better speakers to hook it to.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I agree, the xbox is a piece of crappo.

4. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

cant wait for the PS3

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

those PSP's are really cool...too bad i'm not 10 :rolleyes:

6. jt money

actualy when they get a few things with the psp worked itll be badass. they already have sights to dl divx movies and whatnot. plus mp3, games, and personal organizer. soon to have cell and wireless web. i want one. :wiggle:

i found out the problem with the xbox is i have a third party cable and it doesnt meet ms protical*sp so the xbox doesnt i dentify it so it wont send digital signal through it. sux. i bought a ms advanced av cable from bestbuy canada for 20 w free shipping. works for me.

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea the psp is pretty impressive..except the built in speakers..man talk about worthless

8. jt money

well your right they should do away with them all together. it needs to come with these [​IMG]
    Shure E5 Sound Isolating Earphones $250
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dual high energy micro-speakers with wide-frequency stereo sound, great accuracy and isolation from outside noise.

Specifications:

Transducer Type: dual low mass/high energy
    Sensitivity (at 1 kHz): 122 dB SPL/mW
    Impedance (at 1 kHz) 110 ohms
    Output Connector: Gold-plated stereo, 3.5 mm (1/8-inch) phone plug
    Cable Length: 1.55 m (61 in.)

i have something like those but with costum molding to my ear canal. i love them they block all out side sound and give great bass responce. minus the shaking the sound is like 4 12s in the car lows. and thats on my mp3player. ;) i also mix with them in the studio. put them on an amp. ;)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I've allways been a Playstation guy.... XBOX does have superior graphics but...I hate the huge controller with all the buttons 2 close together, the unit itself is the size of a suitcase, and I hate that the make games that are exclusive to XBOX(which sucks cuz I want to play HALO as much as the next guy).... On to the PS3...