Played xbox360 today

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigb996, Oct 25, 2005.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

walmart has kiosks at certain ones with xbox 360s to play. I played King Kong and Call of Duty. The system runs very smoothly and the HD feature looks GREAT....this system is gonna be awsome when i comes out. I played at the one off of Collins Hill Road in Lawrenceville. Had a few videos and stuff to watch about the games as well.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very nice..what are they going to sell for? $400?

3. Goose013

Goose013 Member

$299 with no hard drive- uses memory cards and $399 with hard drive and wireless remotes

4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

399 is only way to go....if you buy the 299 core system you are totally wasting your money.

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea..the $400 package sounds a lot better.. most of the games look amazing!!

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Gah... $400 for a console. It IS tempting though with my new 32" HD set...

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea im getting ready to get a 42" HD LCD.....lemme telly ou the clarity in HD is amazing.

8. KingofSiam

KingofSiam Member

How much better was it than xbox?

9. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I tried a 34" (I think it was) LCD. It looked amazing for HD content, sure, but regular standard def TV looked flat out horrible. I tried plasmas too, and it just didn't work for me. Considering the vast majority of TV is still non-HD I didn't want to live with miserable quality most of the time...

So I got a 4:3 32" HD set. "Regular" TV looks wonderful on it, and HD and DVD content is flat out awesome. Yeah, it's a compromise, but so is anything you go with today unfortunately.

10. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i'm waiting for the ps3

11. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

It seems like the PS3 might be far enough off that getting an Xbox now wouldn't be too close to buy a PS3 later, especially with the Blue-Ray capabilities. I also would recommend a DLP television set in place of a LCD/Plasma at this time as you get a more brilliant picture than a CRT HD tv while still retaining excellent moving image quality....

12. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i would say it looks between 2 and 3 times better than regular xbox. The main thing is the frame rate and calrity is a lot better.

Yea man the regular hdtvs are good i have a 26" widescreen crt right now and it looks pretty pimp for games. Im mainly getting an LCD or rear projection DLP for movies. i agree with the DLP plus DLP weighs A LOT less.

btw PS3 is talking about being between 500-700 bucks right now if it comes out as it is right now. Also htey are talking about pushing it to 2007. Still gonna be good though. Wont have all the media center capabilities though.

13. Brian

Brian Active Member

It seems the xbox is still just a spec pc. I'll probably hold off for the ps3. The features/specs for the ps3 are tantalizing enough I can wait. That said, I'll get whatever system the latest Gran Turismo runs on. 8)

14. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

its kinda funny because xbox and playstation is becoming as debatable as politics.:)

15. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i'm with you on that! i love the fact that i can put "my" tunes in the Xbox. and ummmm, Halo?!?!?! :naughty:
    it's like video crack!!!

16. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I would love to get both the PS3 and the 360 just to compare. I have a regular XBox now. Does anyone have a PSP?.

Mark

17. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

just be sure to get the extended warrenty for your new set. like i told my friend. "in 2007 when they stop using the current ntsc format for the hd one you may not be as pleased with the tube style 4:3 as you would be with lcd or plasma." just my 2 cents

18. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I honestly don't see all cable companies switching to everything HD anytime soon. Not to mention all the SD content that's out there... so I'm not particularly worried about it. :)

19. Trey

Trey Active Member

An analog CRT display will always look better than a digital display WHEN viewing a overly compressed signal like 99% of DirecTV. garbage in is garbage out. ;)

Example, your DVD player has 480i lines of resolution and will look awesome on a digital HD set. DirecTV also uses 480i lines of resolution but looks horrible on a digital HD set.

That's why I installed a UHF antenna in my attic to get the local HD channels for free. Even the digital SD signal is better than DirecTV. :naughty:

Solution, DirecTV will start using their new Mpeg-4 signal later this year and the compression is "suppose" to be much less = better picture quality.

/threadjack

20. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I've allways been a playstation guy...dreamcast, n64, and now xbox are all good systems... but PS has allways been the best IMO. I think it really pissed me off when XBOX was coming out with games for XBOX only..what kind of micosoft shit is that? Plus I've never liked the basketball sizes controler, Common...Its a frickin huge controller with buttons everywhere, with the buttons by ur right thumb way 2 close together... I will admit xbox has better graphics. Anyways, I will be waiting for PS3 fo sho!!!
    P.s. Mark, the PSP is the shit, I just can't justify $200+ for something I'd rarely use...

21. Trey

Trey Active Member

22. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

23. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I have a pre production grey one with the green and silver sticker and the gay ass 6 foot cord that is really 5 foot. I love it though. I got it from a buddy in hong kong b4 they were released in japan :ugh: (theres no smiley that's appropriate for something that prolly "fell off the back of a truck")

24. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

hey sonicboom playstation has playstation only games like Gran turismo for example and metal gear solid. Basically its just so you will by their system. The best thing was when Sony was paying companies like Rockstar to only come out on their system for a certain amount of time like San Andreas.

The new xbox controller is SUPER COMFY! i gotta say them moving the clear and black buttom to triggers makes it a lot bettter.

25. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

whoever threw out the groan at $400 doesn't remember when the 3d0, the psx, and the saturn came out...

and no, the xbox 360 is not a spec pc, its actually a small cluster cpu using mac platform as a base and with a swanky memory management system.

Both the 360 and the ps3 will have very little in commong with upcoming pc tech either...

26. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

360 looks like the PS2 when it first came out compared to the consoles at that time.