Please be careful this Holiday Season

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bluelinescooby, Dec 11, 2006.

1. From ScanGwinnett.com:

Motor Vehicle Fatality

(Sunday 12/10/06 @ approximately 6:22AM) Investigators with the Accident Investigation Unit of the Gwinnett County Police Department are currently investigating a motor vehicle fatality that occurred on Old Norcross Road near Sugar Mill Drive, which is in the Duluth area of Gwinnett County.

Preliminary investigation indicates a ’06 Mitsubishi Lancer was traveling west on Old Norcross Road toward the intersection of Sugar Mill Drive. A ’98 Chevrolet GMT-400 truck was pulling a boat trailer and traveling east on Old Norcross Road. The Mitsubishi failed to maintain its lane while negotiating the curve, which resulted in a glancing blow with the boat trailer. The Mitsubishi then ran off the roadway colliding with a tree.

Investigators have identified the driver of the Mitsubishi as 24-year-old Yimin Zhang (male) of Duluth and the passenger as 21-year-old Jong Chen (male) also of Duluth. The driver of the Chevrolet has been identified as 63-year-old James F. Walker of Duluth.

Zhang was pronounced deceased at the scene. The passenger, Jong Chen, was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center where he is expected to survive his injuries. Walker was not injured.

The Mitsubishi is listed as the at fault vehicle for failure to maintain lane. There is no indication that drugs/alcohol were involved in this fatality. The speed of the Mitsubishi is cited as a contributing factor.

Source: Gwinnett County Police

I saw the Mitsubishi today, and best I can tell it used to be an Evo MR. Not much left of it now, very hard impact. It's very sad for the family involved, and moreso that it happened at this time of year. It's not difficult for someone to drive beyond their abilities in a high performance car, and accidents like this serve as a somber reminder to all of us to slow down and keep the shiny side up.

2. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Damn I've actually met this guy before. That sucks man

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

wow that really sucks...best wishes to the family and friends

4. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

Might need to tone it down for me....(knock on wood)

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ack!

6. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

i know the passenger....sad situation

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

be safe guys... i wrecked my car earlier this year and luckily nobody was hurt... definitely a reality check about there being so many factors that determine whether your car stays on the road
    http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5463

please learn from the mistakes of others and be safe on uncontrolled public roads

8. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

had a crazy situation tonight and this definitely made me hold back and be more caustic....ultimately it's not worth it somtimes

9. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

What exactly happend Scott?

10. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I'll PM you when I get to work...;)

11. Todays paper states that 3 cars hit trees this weekend and at least 3 people were killed.

12. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Are you OK Bro?.

Mark

13. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

thanks for the heads up man... keep in mind folks that aside from your limitations, people are spending a LOT of time in traffic shopping (merry retailmas!), and nerves are stretched thin, judgement isn't as sound as it should be. think of yourself as the only sane driver in the crowd.