Please let me introduce myself

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by mdandurand, Nov 29, 2007.

1. mdandurand

mdandurand New Member

My name is Mark Dandurand . I am the owner of a 2006 Subaru WRX STI with Tein suspension and Cobb exhaust / tuning . Do any of you have a trailer hitch [ yes a trailer hitch ] on your STI ? I want to purchase a small trailer to haul my track tires, tools and related items to road racing track days .

Thanks!

MAD

2. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Welcome aboard. I have seen a trailer hitch on a WRX a few times. Not on a STI yet. Good luck

3. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

I've heard of people putting hitches on stis, i believe you need the longer exhaust hangers(there are 4) to make it work. welcome to the boards

4. truegiant

truegiant Member

hangers

I was told that you would need to run the longer hangers as well. Should not be very much if you take it somewhere and get them extended. Other than that welcome aboard and hopefully we will see you at the track!

5. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Some people run into issues with exhausts and trailor hitches, thats about all I know. It'll add some weight to the back of your car too

7. WJM

WJM Banned

Kartboy long hangers and the Impreza trailer hitch and its all done.

8. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

PM rexrocker here on the board.

He's got a hitch on his 06 sti.

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

welcome to the family and good luck with the hitch!

10. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Welcome!

:wavey: I have the Curt (previously Da'lan) Class I 1 1/4" hitch on the car. It nicely tucks up under bumper and fits over the stock exhaust. You will have to cut a small notch in the diffuser for the hitch receiver. Meredith and BrianGT have the same hitch on their 05 STi with after market exhaust....I'm sure they can provide more info about any fitment issues.