Porsche being sued for crash

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

2. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Man, Porsche better not have to pay for that. It is very hard to control a car going 100+ MPH. How can you blame the automobile.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Great, so now in 30 years, when I finally have enough money to buy a nice Supercar I won't be able to because I won't have enough Driver skill to handle a car of that power. In all honesty, the same can be said about the STI, or EVO, or S2000 or whatever. Fast cars give the driver adrenaline. Adrenaline makes people feel invincable. People who feel invincable think they can do things they can not. When people can not do what they think they can, they die.

Somebody needs to sue dudes wife for being an idiot.

4. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

^^You said it! like they didn't have to sign a waiver to even be on the track in the first place. It was just a bad accident all around period. can't blame the track or the car just driver judgement.

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i do really think they should have moved the barricade wall back to where it was suppose to be..that could have prevented the accident

6. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

she obviously has money if her husband was goin to buy a porche gt.

and i like the comment about how suvs should have a special class as well before purchase

how about classes before we buy plastic bags so no one chokes on them?

7. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

if u buying fast cars u learn how to drive it not just go at it and get killed..
    maybe he got a good leason but too bad.. and sorry for his death.. but if u dont take care of u when u know something is bad.. then who will?

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

they moved the wall ahead so kids could play behind it? i dont think kids should have a play area anywhere near the hot area on a track

9. Meredith

Meredith Banned

That's so sad that two people died, however I don't see how this is the car's fault. It seems to me that driver and the flagger would be the people most at fault, but the point is that nobody's perfect. However I'm a firm believer in learing how to drive your car properly ;)

10. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I can see how the driver, may he RIP, is at fault. If there was a problem with his car, he should have a)informed Porsche and b)certainly not figure out why it's messing up at a track day.

I understand that the women is upset her husband is dead, but he chose to go to a race track where accidents do, unfortunately, happen.

Craig

11. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I thought when you brought a GT you had to go through a training course with Porsche before you took delivery because of the car being so freakin fast in the first place.

12. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

actually in NJ you had to have x-amnt of hours class seat time to and get your license. i don't think it would be that bad of an idea to have that down here, just tweak the vehicle type for each class, and get some kind of cert for lower insurance for that given vehicle type.

i am the last person to pander to idiocy, and this accident is pilot error, but having at least a day course to feel what a car type has a tendancy to do is not a bad idea.

you don't have to make it mandatory, just strongly suggested (through a person's wallet)

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yes, but also in NJ, you don't get your drivers license until you are 17 or 18.