Porsche Owners...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RamblinWRX, Jul 13, 2006.

1. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Porsche Owners... not angry anymore :D

I'm heading into work this morning, decided to take northside pwky to collier because defoors had a marta bus on it. This porsche 944 with a guy in his 30's-40's, lebanese maybe, pulls up next to me at the stoplight above I-75. I dont look at him or provoke a race. I get going normal, around 35 mph i notice, oh hey, this center double lane i'm in is ending ahead. I'm about a car length ahead of him so decide to accelerate to merge. As soon as I do that, wooosh, he pulls in to cut me off from merging and starts blaring the horn. So, he hits his brakes, lets me in, and then procedes to haul ass around me in the lane now going the wrong way to pull in a 1 car space between me and the SUV now in front of me and then stops at the next light and yells stuff out his window. What gives? Are all of them like this?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

944's owners aren't porsche owners...

3. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

If he was lebanese, you have to understand he's not in the right state of mind right now either. Israel has invaded amid soldiers being kidnapped, just bombed their airport, and has started a blockade of all ports.

Maybe he has family over there and he's worried, taking the anger out in another way?

Still doesn't condone his action, maybe he is just a stuck up asshole as it seems to be.

Craig

4. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

have you ever driven in another country?

5. Trey

Trey Active Member

He's just angry, it's in his nature.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

arseholes come in all shapes and sizes and i wouldn't classify every porsche owner as a prick

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Porsche owners tend to either be real enthusiasts or have bought the car for a status symbol.

Also, don't knock the 944, it is a fine machine.

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

yes sir it is, but then again most of the owners do buy em as a status symboll.........................

esp boxter owners

9. BelvnAWD

Well, for a car that is almost 15 years old, at the youngest, the 944 is okay I guess. Even when it was new it was looked down upon a little by 911 owners. Not to the degree of the 924, but still. My cousin has had several and raced them extensively, they have held up well for their age, but they are not as competetive as the 911's of their day. I guess my main point was that you wouldn't look at a guy driving a 91 Legacy and ask, "Are all Subaru owners like that?"

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

fo' sho!

11. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Hey now, I like our Boxster :wavey: :p

Craig

12. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

so does this mean because i drive a WRX and not an STi/STI i'm not as cool? :eek3:
    JK, more making a point that we can't (or don't want) to have the phattest of the phattest.

13. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

1) porsche owners aren't all pricks. It's no different than saying all 3-series drivers are dumb blondes just because you saw one. I know several very nice porsche owners. ex. in CA, a lot of porsche owners (mostly 911 and boxter) flash their headlights at each other when they pass... kinda like wrx owners wave.
    2) Boxters are perhaps the one of the most legitimate porsche for sale in the states. When they developed the Boxter, porsche was getting "back to its roots". The 911 is the greatest seller by far, but the boxter is porsche's heritage. They started with roadsters... A lot of people say the Cayenne isn't legit because it's an SUV, but it was developed by porsche as a thrust to keep them independent. and it worked... My point is that if a car company makes a car it usually has a purpose behind it, for different niches. A boxter is a roadster, the 911, a sports car, the cayenne an SUV. Each one is no more a status symbol then the other. the TT quattro convertable is not a status symbol simply because you didn't by an RS4... see the point?
    3) 944s are hot little cars, esp the turbo model.
    All in all, i would just pass this guy off as angry for whatever reason and forget about it. Clearly he needs to relax but good job for not provoking him further :wiggle: it's hard sometimes.

14. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'm going to have to disagree here. I think that in general 911 owners don't give nearly as much respect to boxster owners as they would to a fellow 911 owner. The two cars are in an entirely different league. Now with the Cayman at least it bridged the gap a little. I've always seen Bosters as kind of the poor man's porsche. And please don't take offense to that Craig, lord knows I'd still love to have one. I just think that between Boxtsers and 911s it's less about niche markets and more about financial means. If you can comfortably afford a 911, you're not going to buy a boxster.

Cayennes, however, are very niche.

Edit: I'm not saying that you are wrong about Porsche wanting to get back to it's roots (this could be totally true). I'm just saying I don't, and I know a lot of other people don't see it this way now.

15. MagicHallucinations

MagicHallucinations New Member

there's a guy who works in the same building as i do. drives a late 70's 911 2.7 targa, don't know which hp model(either 165, 170, 210). very nice, he's taken good car of it but i get the fly-bye's, revs, and the "i'm better than you" looks. it's ridiculous:rolleyes:

now i know some 996 owners and their awesome. but most 911 and boxster owners around here are pricks.

M

16. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

the 944 is like the boxster isnt it? Not in the cars similar but in the fact that porsche owners dont even consider them porsches.

17. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

yea, i thought they were basically an audi chassis, have inline instead of boxer engine etc.

18. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

is the boxster fast?....I had a chick in one try to do a little power play action on me the other night and shut her down pretty quick..felt really good too...I'm sure she'd smoke me like a blunt on the highway though......j/w

19. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

boxters are not fast straight line... typical S is low 5's 0-60mph. a wrx should be close with an S and destroy a regular boxter. Where the boxter rules (compared to other convertibles) is in the corners. it's suspension and tires are kick ass... I've cornered in a boxter S at 75 where I would have strong reservations taking my wrx through at 60.

20. Boxters are underpowered compared to 911's, but that is totally by design.
    Porsche has publicly stated that they cannot increase the power of the boxters much more because if they did they would be 911 killers, and that just wont work having a boxter completely out perform their flagship auto in the US.

And the 944. I know that 911 owners consider them to be "not a real porsche" but at the time, weren't the turbo 944's out performing the 911's? Some 911 owners are very wierd about other porsches.

928s4 FTW

21. BelvnAWD

I too <3 the 928s4...even if they were heavy. I think the 944t could probably take some 911 models in the straights, but stock v. stock the 911 ruled the twisties...