posting from my new phone

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ha this is awesome. I will be making a mobi skin this week that's a lot less intense and easier on the mobile guys.

Alex

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Not even gonna tell us what phone you're posting from??

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Thank you! I post quite a bit from my phone when I'm on break, or in a waiting room... stuff like that.
    Which phone did you get? I have the Blackberry Pearl

4. Alex

8700g...pearl was too womanly for my tastes ;)

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

nerd!!!

6. longfury

longfury Active Member

I need a replacement for my aging Razr. Got any suggestions for a Cingular/ATT user?

7. Matt

get a real carrier

:p

8. longfury

longfury Active Member

I would swap to yours but they have no signal up here where I live. :D Unless something has changed recently. Cingular/ATT actually works up here. No Matt, I am not moving. ;)

Edit: It looks like they do have service up here. something something iPhone on ATT only something something

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  9. Matt

bah....screw apple and their piece of shit iphone!!

:jerk:

10. longfury

longfury Active Member

Sorry, I am an Apple fanboy. ;) You can still give me a sales pitch and show me something cool and I might consider it. :p

11. Matt

:lol:

nope, you've already made your mind up.....:eek:

12. longfury

longfury Active Member

I want one but I am not spending $499 for it.

So Alex...how you liking your phone? I got tired of the hijack. :p

13. Matt

:rofl:

I'm considering the 8830 blackberry....which IIRC, is essentially the same as the one he got today.

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

Any phone I get that I will want to transfer files to and from has to be Mac compatible. I don't use a Windows computer much anymore.

15. Yes please make a mobile skin, its hard as hell with the Sidekick 3.

16. Alex

Well these phones use usb, just need a mac client. Check the site.

Matt since you asked I use tmobile. The bill is 80 a month and includes 1000 whenever, unlimited texting, unlimited tmobile to tmobile minutes, and blackberrys unlimited web and email use. All fast all onm the edge network.

Postong this from the phone just for you ;)

17. Alex

Did I mention I have google maps on here too? Gives me directions and traffic reports in the car

18. longfury

longfury Active Member

My Apple fanboy inside is pulling me toward an iPhone, but not till I can get the 4GB model for $299 or less.

If I find a phone that will do what I want and its less than $299 then I will consider it.

19. Alex

i paid under $200 for this one

20. Alex

Alright, I am currently working on this:

(1) A .mobi theme, thats low in size and quick to load
    (2) When you login to the forum via your mobile device, the forum detects that you are using a mobile device and switches you to the mobile theme.

21. Matt

is there a wap site?

22. Alex

I am testing oit out on my phone currently. It should auto dtect abd switch your skin

23. Matt

hmmm...ok

I'll try it out with my phone tomorrow and see what it pulls...

24. Alex

Tomorrow? Nay, do it now!

25. Matt

wap.wrxatlanta.com ?

26. Alex

no, just wrxatlanta.com/forums

as I said, it should auto detect a mobile device and move you to the new theme

27. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

very nice, i'ld love to see a more mobi friendly theme, I have an 8703e for verizon. I love my bb. I am also a mac fan, but the iphone is a bit pricey and is lacking in too many features for now. the next gen of it will be tight if the first gen iphone even does well. maybe with a SSD drive that's bigger than a frickin nanos hd space. 8gb FTL. But i chose blackberry because I am a mac user, and the blackberry has a killer os that is... well... not windows, which is it's most attractive quality.

28. Alex

If you browse the site now on your phone, clear your cookies / log out / log in, you should see a new theme.

29. Deke

Deke Active Member

would this work on pda's as well?

30. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Also, another thing to consider with the initial release of the I-Phone is that it is not UMTS. The UMTS version will be released couple months later. I would wait until that release if you are serious about getting the I-Phone.

31. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

yes good call

32. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

This looks very nice here on my bb, good job alex. Easy to read, easy to use. Me likey.

33. Alex

Test it out for me :)

34. longfury

longfury Active Member

Oh I won't be getting one till the end of the year. I would never buy something like that the day it comes out. I am phone shopping and comparing right now though.

35. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

works decently on my phone :p

[​IMG]

36. Deke

Deke Active Member

Crap, it's in augusta. I'll get back to you. :)

37. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Testing

Not bad. Actually pretty good. im using verizon chocolate phone. It kinda takes time to type in.

38. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

They don't really lower the prices of anything, but it will get better. The keep the price the same and add improvements to it. Look at their whole line-up... Don't fear.

All you PC lovers can bite my graphic designing ass! :rofl: I know I'm going to be a huge idiot and buy it ASAP. It'll look great sitting beside my 17" MacBook Pro.

Alex, thanks for the mobi! Now I can blow up your inbox over rotas and brake pads from anywhere!

39. longfury

longfury Active Member

At this point I just want to get my hands on one so I can see if I want to drop the cash for it. 6pm on the 29th. What a silly time to release the thing...

40. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

Haha punk! I am using the phone primarily for 10th st now, even have my email on here. Its almost too convienient ;)

41. Matt

yeah....the celly site sucks....granted, I'm on a low memory regular phone, but still....

:D

42. JPM Coachworks

Works super well for me

43. longfury

longfury Active Member

Since we are talking internet and cell phone I have a question.

Do any phones currently availible or going to be availible soon(excluding the iPhone) that can browse the full internet and not want or need mobile website versions?

44. schneid

schneid Member

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure my XV6700 (Verizon) can handle any site. (pocket pc with internet explorer)

45. longfury

longfury Active Member

The iPhone apparently is missing 1 feature I wanted...IM.

Matt will know. Just need to wait for him to respond.

46. Matt

yes, it can pretty much handle ANY site...except bellsouth.net

those cingular fuckers don't like anyone else accessing their company's website

:p

:rofl:

47. longfury

longfury Active Member

Cool, now I need some cash and a hookup. ;) I would like to play with one though. My Cingular/ATT contract runs out in October.

48. JPM Coachworks

I've had no problems surfing

49. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

very nice.

downloads very fast and looks good on a tmobile mda.

50. socrates42

socrates42 Member