potential scammer?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mokinbird87, May 17, 2008.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

hey guys, i bought a set of the prodrive springs from a guy at nasioc and i have not heard back from him since the 21st of april and it says his last activity on the web was yesterday, but his PM box is full so i thought maybe that is why i cant get in touch with him.

however, i already coughed up $220 and even though he told me he sent them (about 2 weeks ago) i never got a tracking number or anything....

should i wait for a little longer or take further steps through paypal? thanks

something like this would never happen here... why cant all the forums be like wrxatlanta ;)

2. mokinbird87

damn u josh_booth... if i heard back from you i would have bought yours~!! if things fall through i`ll let you know.

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Well, i hope you get everything figured out!!

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

paypal, take itup with them

5. DustySTI

DustySTI Member

Same thing happened with me. I used a credit card through paypal. I used paypal's dispute form and they started the reimbursement process, but it took a long time. A day later i called my amex card and they credited my account. I finally received my item 2 months after i purchased it, and i told amex and they took care of everything. Paypal will reimburse, but they drag it out. Everything should work out since you used paypal. If you used a credit card, call them. Good luck.

6. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

It doesn't take 2 weeks for shipping no matter where he was. Start the process now.

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

who is the person over there? we might know him

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

post a thread about this over there too with his name in the title

9. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

yeah, i'd post a thread, saying that i want to avoid the resolution process, but am running out of options

10. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

For future reference get cell phone numbers and email before you send money. I'm normally up front with buyers and give them this but most guys wont. Paypal will normally help you out like these guys said.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Great advice!

12. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

And hopefully the numbers or e-mails won't be bogus.....Paypal is a very reputable company though all in all...

Mark

13. mokinbird87

yea, i guess i was just too excited that i was able to buy a set of the prodrives for a good price.... thanks for all the input guys!

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sounds bad.. hope everything works out!