power steering pump connector

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by ninja01, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ninja01

ninja01 Member

hey, just finished putting the engine back in my Fozzie from replacing heads on it and I have these 2 connectors that I cant figure out where they go.. one of them which is the larger of the 2 is a single wire in a double poled connector and the other is a single wire in a single pole connector.. the larger one is the connector from the power steering pump which from what ive found so far could be a pressure switch for it.. the other connector I have no clue.. looking at my neighbors Forester which is an S model (mine is an L) it looks like the 2 go together but the connectors are both the same type so im wondering if someone had the wrong connector on it when I got the car and it was forced in or if they were simply never plugged in and I forgot. So far ive had the car up to 60mph with no issues and no CEL so question is if they are supposed to connect to each other should I just force them together or leave it unplugged.. And if I leave them unplugged and it is in fact a pressure switch what will that end up affecting or hurting?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. onemoresti

onemoresti Member

looks to me like the smaller one is for the power steering and the larger maybe the coolant temp sensor in the cross-over pipe? seems weird that there is only 1 pin in the 2 pin connector though...

3. ninja01

ninja01 Member

the larger one is actually attached to the power steering reservoir though.. it kinda looked to me like it was some kind of level sensor but the diagrams list it as a pressure switch