PR: TopSpeed Inc storms ahead in 2010

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

January 29th, 2010

TopSpeed Inc.

"Established in 2004 as one of the leading Tuner shops in the USA for awd Japanese cars TopSpeed looks toward the future."

Topspeed has spent the last half of a decade building and tuning some of the fastest cars in the US and now looks towards the future as it expands into the Euro market. Purchasing both a Porsche 996 GT2 and a BMW 135i to do development and testing on for future TopSpeed Products. All the while still maintaining our current stable of Japanese tuner car excellence.

When asked, the owner of TopSpeed Douglas Wilks states,
    "I feel we have already shown what we can do with Subaru's and Mitsubishi's. We built arguably one of the fastest time attack subaru's in the country and won just about every race attended with it. Securing the 2008 Unlimited Time Attack Championship. Then just the end of the last year took our 1000hp Shop Sponsored and TopSpeed Tuned Eclipse to mid 8's in the quarter which is now the fastest 2nd gen eclipse in the world that isn't running methanol. Oh and I almost forgot the supra, which is an honest to god daily driven car that also runs mid 8's... so yeah you can say we have been there, done that and have the t-shirt to prove it. I am really excited to see what I can do now with these new platforms."

TopSpeed plans to not only sell our world renowned packages for the Subaru's but to also develope the same level of power and reliability with the BMW's and Porsches.

Currently in Development is the TopSpeed Stg-0 reflash for the 135i. Initial testing has showed huge gains of over 100whp and improved MPG's. We are really excited to able to bring to the community a level of tune that has never been available before.

[​IMG]

TopSpeed 135i Stage-0 Reflash on a completely stock car. (Should be available for purchase mid Feb.)
    [​IMG]

Also in development is the TopSpeed GT2, which we will use to race in the One Lap of America as well as Time Trials. Currently we have a ton of product in development for the GT2 and will be releasing them after they tested and proven. Our goals with the TopSpeed GT2 are to build an all around weekend warrior that can easily be replicated to the customer. One that has the ability to turn purpose built race car lap times and then be driven to Church the following day.

[​IMG]

TopSpeed's initial baseline test of the car at last weekends PCA event was outstanding to say the least. Running the car in completely stock trim with just the TopSpeed reflash we were able to turn 1:18's around Roebling Road and hitting a terminal speed down the front straight of 162mph. Needless to say we were all very shocked as the car was still running the 6 year old 235/35/19 Michelin PS2's up front and very excited to see what is in store for the future.

[​IMG]

TopSpeed would like to thank everyone that has made this dream possible and looks forward to many years ahead no matter what make you drive.

Thanks,

TopSpeed Inc
    2130 Brandon Trail
    Alpharetta Ga, 30004
    678-297-7770

[​IMG]

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Nicely worded, looking forward to seeing what a you and Leh combo can do with these cars this year

3. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Very nice....

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

who wrote that?

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

whoa....is Leh driving the GT2 for you guys?

Guess you couldn't really pick a better driver for a Porsche, huh

7. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Yea, I have known Leh for some time now and it just seems to work out that he is a good driver.

8. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

leh reppin for his redneck hometown of dublin,ga :) lol i haven't seen leh much since he moved a couple years back

9. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

next up, tune Lambo's and Ferrari's

10. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Damn 100 hp on that bmw is sick! I know nothing about the 135i though. I guess it is time to read up!

11. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Actually we have the ability to tune them now. Its just going to take a beta test car to do so.

12. Tracy

Tracy Member

Congrats boo.

13. Doug@DBW Motorsports

14. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Made some more headway on the 135i,

After spending what is probably over 100hrs dissecting the stock ECU's rom I am just about finished with the TopSpeed STAGE ZERO flash. This car is just an amazing machine now picking up over 130whp at redline over the factory tune!!!

Bone Stock 135i with just our TS ReFlash

375whp 401tq STD Correction
    [​IMG]

367whp 393tq Uncorrected
    [​IMG]

15. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Are you kidding me?!?!?! Why am I driving a Subaru?

16. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Nope not kidding... can't wait to see what its going to do once we install our downpipes, catback and a AMS FMIC.

Hoping for low 400's on 93oct.

17. longfury

longfury Active Member

Cause that car(135i) starts at about $35K+. That would be my guess as to why we drive Subarus. I know I wouldn't be in mine if I had not gotten it on the cheap. :) I looked last week for giggles and the BMW dealer didn't have a single 135i for under $40K. Most were in the mid-40's.

18. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

what's the buzz on the BMW forums about this news?

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Holy smokes.

20. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Warning crappy cell phone pic:::

But our full race slicks both dry and wets just got here for the GT2. YES.. :) we will be ready

[​IMG]

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

Ah the smell of burgers and virgin rubber will be filling the shop tomorrow. I hope you have a chain running through those by the time we get there as a few sets might come up missing

22. Doug@DBW Motorsports

23. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Its good to know people isn't it Doug

24. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Insert G.I Joe voice *Knowing is half the battle* :naughty:

25. b reel

b reel Active Member