Prettttyyyyy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Apr 19, 2006.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy. :bowdown: 70-200/4L. Looked at the 2.8 and 2.8 IS, but they are just too damn heavy to carry around. Should be here Friday!

Attached Files:

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

nice! new toys are awesome.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i dont think ive ever seen a professional lens that was white in color... then again i dont know much about photography

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

White is the color for Canon's "L" (pro) series. Their consumer line is black; most L lenses (with a couple exceptions) are white.

I know several pros don't like that they are so easily detectable; in various less than safe and ideal areas of the world people know that a white lens will bring in some serious dough and they get stolen all the time.

Also, check out the photographers at bigger sporting events. You'll see lots of giant white lenses. :)

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im either checking out the sporting event itself or some of the hotties walkin around ;)... not the pro photographers

6. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i think john swain's (scca photographer at srdec's) lens is that color now that you mention it.

7. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

it's called parchment not white :keke:
    had to do it, and ya canon call's it that. A canon rep corrected me when I worked at wolf camera I was just like :pssh: "ok so the white lens you got there is how much?" he was pissed, the uber camera nerds are fun to mess with :) (I'm just a plain old camera nerd)

8. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

A little something for reference

[​IMG]

9. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

those things take some sick pictures! i would love to have one.

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

He sent me some demo photos yesterday, its incredible. There was zero grain nor distortion from a raw image file to the firefox resized version. Incredible!