pro-tune vs. cobb

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by sleeper31204, Jan 11, 2008.

1. sleeper31204

sleeper31204 Member

ok, a few months ago i got my car pro-tuned by the great S.S. up at batlground. for the first week the car was perfect, more power than i thought i would get, loved it. then i had a check engine light come on, i guess the map wasn't set for no cats or something like that, then another, something dealing with the actuator arm a, "i think". but since then, the car just hasn't hit the 19 psi that it was tuned for.

the other day i thought about some of the maps that came with my a.p. v2, the stage 2, i reflashed my ecu, and everything lines up. i get the full boost of 15 psi in 3rd gear. but i wasnt sure why the cobb map works right but im having so many problems with the other map. S.S. even made me a map with the engine light disabled for that code, but still no boost, i lost his number so im not able to get in touch with him, and until the funds come in. im not able to afford another tune anyway.

i was going to check for leaks, but would it be worth it. if the car runs 15 psi with no leaks, would 19 leak?

-William...

also, would getting a after market bov hurt me any?

2. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

hmmm...:sad:

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

A full atmosphere bov will def hurt u if ur car wasn't tuned for it. As far as getting a hold SS, send him a PM

4. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Yeah, just shoot SS an email or PM.

5. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Or call him at Topspeed

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

simply find a post by him somewhere here and his cell is in his sig.
    When my ebcs was flaking out I had boost issues also had issues when the vac line from the ebcs to the WG actuator was no zip tied.

7. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Or search for "siegel" ;)

Call me Monday.

Siegel

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

ss will usually take your map and make edits and email you back ... what you do is email him a log of your car.. and he'll get it done!
    PM him on here

and yes a bov would hurt.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I wouldnt install the aftermarket BOV.

Send a PM to SS, siegelracing on these parts, and ask him to look it over with you. SS will definitely set you right.

10. sleeper31204

sleeper31204 Member

cool, thanks

-William...

11. sleeper31204

sleeper31204 Member

ok, ill give him, you a call monday around lunch time.

thanks

-William...