Prodrive springs

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by SonicBoom, May 7, 2007.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Allright fellas.. this is a little pre-mature as the springs haven't fully settled yet(only rode on'm for 90 miles or so).

Installation: Took 3 of us around 5 hours...grrr.... but to be fair, it took 3 1/2 hours for the front right and 1 1/2 for the other 3. We had the El-cheapo spring compressor and ended up riggin it to get everything lined up and the bolt on the top for the fronts.

Pros: Rides great so far, even with no alignment yet... rides better than stock.

Cons: Barely any drop!!!!!!! I'm really upset about this... Unless they drop A LOT when they fully settle. It seems like it dropped about a 1/2 inch in the front and the rear looks exactly the same. I haven't measured yet(again, they haven't fully settled). Not to mention the front/rear are still uneven, even if the drop wasn't as much as I wanted I thought they would at least be even. But... the drop is the reason I bought the springs in the first place. I was gonna go with the RCE's but was nervous they would be too aggressive. I had really aggressive springs on my bugeye and it rode like total shit. And the RCE's with hardened tophats for the front were almost double the price...

Hopefully they'll drop and even out over the next couple days and I can wipe the :wtc: off my face... I will update my review after the springs settle and I get my alignment....

2. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Give it a week or so to let them settle. My prodrive springs took a bit before I got the drop I wanted. Glad you're enjoying the ride though =)

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ hope your right!! :)

4. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

ya, mine dropped a good bit after they settled...the rear will still sag a bit compared to the fronts however.

5. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Yeah most springs do that. I think it's to keep the front at closer to stock geometry.

6. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Yeh, mine settled a good bit too.

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad you got them on the car! Be sure to post a review in our reviews database.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Me too! Had'm in my trunk for 3 months... Now if I can just get some help with my downpipe I need to install.... hint/hint ;)
    I'll do my formal review after the springs settle and I get my alignment at SOG Friday.........