Prodrive

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Meredith, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Hey i've had my wrx for a year and i'm just getting around to modding it. I'm thinking about doing prodrive stage III with my tax return. Does anybody have any advice? I would really like to take a ride in a rex with prodrive or a similar package of mods (ie. UP, DP, TBE and ECU upgrade). Am I better off getting these mods separate or is the prodrive package better?
    Thanks
    Mere

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

prodrive is definately proven performance!! i dont think you would be disappointed with the results..some of us had to piece our cars together mod by mod..im sure if i had a few grand to blow all at once i would have gotten a package deal though..you should come to the dyno day tomorrow..there will be a bunch of different wrx's there with a bunch of different mods..and you could compare #'s from each and that might help you make a decision

3. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'm going out to the BMW ultimate drive thingie in athens today, but i should get back in atlanta in the afternoon. I'll try to stop by.
    Thanks
    Mere

4. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

M,

My WRX is running Prodrive Stage 2, right now, with plans to go to Stage III in the summer. To me, there was no other option because of Prodrive's focus on reliability and performance. They've spent hour and hours and days and years doing R&D on these products on our cars and the result is a safely tuned, faster car. And I was willing to pay more for this R&D and for the Prodrive name.

I'm sure you know, but in the UK, these kits work with the factory Subaru warranty and, in fact, there's rumors of not releasing Stage 4 (intercooler, injectors, turbo, reflash) because it may not be 100,000 miles safe.

There are other kits and parts out there that will definitely make more power. You kinda have to figure out what you're looking to get out of your car. After attending one of Scott's driver instruction clinics, I knew I needed more power and and some decent stopping power up front, so I didn't go up the PPP3. The price on the kits, however, have come down substantially, so there's no better time than now to do it!!! :)

I would suggest talking to Scott at SoG. He'll be able to work with you and see what you're looking to with your car, explain some of the other available parts and what he can do for you with EcuTek, and then you can go from there. If you do go Prodrive, SoG is an authorized dealer. I will definitely offer a ride in my car, but you should get a ride in a Stage 3, too...increase low end and boost...although, mine is still fun! :) If you're ever heading up to SoG, give me a shout and I'll see if I can meet you up there for a ride.

Later.
    - Clay