Professor Salaries

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

I remember hearing that since Georgia Tech is a public university, the faculties salaries are all public domain. Does anyone have any clue where I could find such a list? I've googling for a little while now with no luck.

2. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Don't google it, its on your universities website. Ours is called the cubs system at clemson, not sure what yours is called.

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well I'm either blind or it's well hidden, because I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have never really cared very much for our website.

4. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

oh thanks man. But bummer on having to be on a campus IP. Guess I'll make a trip to the library tomorrow.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Its there, one of mine is banking over 200k just for his teaching position PRIOR to his consulting work for GT.

Oh, and GT is now ranked #2 on the best bang for your buck business schools. We study less hours than the big boys, make more money starting and see more of our tuition dollars going into teacher's salaries :D

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

So, before I got a response on here, I wrote an emailing to the website support asking where I could find the page. He told me "no such page exists." Haha

8. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Clemson's salaries are pretty well hidden. Its on purpose. There are some professors here that make over 300k because they get lots of grants and are experts in polymer fields, especially fluoropolymers (like teflon).

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Search google.

10. cannarella

cannarella Member

When I started school we had to look on the mainframe. This was 10 years ago before websites though. I would also say google. If it is public domain then you sould be able to find it on some state website i would think.

11. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I found the salaries on the web last week, and I am not on the GT network. They are publically listed with a search tool.

I don't have the address, but I found it though some creative searching on google.

--
    Brian

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

Oh I wasn't saying that the site you linked didn't work. I never really got a chance to check. I was just saying that the IT guy for gatech.edu said it doesn't exist, which humored me because you guys shoed that it did. I guess I'll do a little more googling and try to get it though, since I once again forgot to check while I was on campus.

Edit: well I thought I was a decent googler, but I'm having no luck on this. Any other clues on key workd I might search for? I've tried various combonations of "Georgia institute of technology," faculty, staff, salary, wages, yearly, 2006, and names of random professors.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  13. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I googled it again:
    https://www.audits.state.ga.us/esa/
    Go there and you can search for salaries...

The easiest way to look at the information is to have it generate a PDF, by selecting the school, then click the "View Entity as PDF, Current Year" It generates a 423 page document for Georgia Tech salaries... Milo and Amol are on even there since they are grad students (GRAs).

--
    Brian

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  14. Deke

Deke Active Member

Thanks!