Prosport Gauges????

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by josh booth, May 11, 2010.

1. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I am looking at getting a set of prosport gauges. I wanted to know who here is running them and do you like them? Also should I buy the Prosport Performance or the Prosport Premium with peak and warning?

Thanks....

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I had the 60MM Prosport Premium in my car. They were ok and worked well but were kind of dim during the day. I still have the boost and EGT gauges if you are interested:)

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I also have a Prosport Boost and Oil Temp or Pressure Gauge, not sure which ones. I have the Amber/White ones, if you are interested. Will sell cheap.

4. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Thanks guy's. I want the 52mm and green and white to go with WRX cluster.... I am also looking too buy the Zero/Sports gauge cluster....

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

i have them. i like them. no complaints for the $$

6. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Same for me I have the boost gauge and it matches the cars gauges pretty good. The start up is loud but Ive gotten use to it.

7. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Do you guy's have the Performance or the Premium with peak and warning?

8. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Premium

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I have never used them personally so I cannot say. However, from what I've read people like them for their features at their price point.

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

I have the performance version in the wagon, but will be replacing and add a few with the premium version soon

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

They are ok for the money. But I would advise against the oil pressure gauge......never had any luck with their oil pressure senders and neither did 4 of my buddies. They would work for 6-8 months and then act erratic.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Define erratic? My defi oil sender likes to move around sometimes however when I asked WJM about it last he thought it was a normal reflection of the pressure release valve fluctuating.

If budget provides, I'd go with Defi hands down.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Erractic as in wildly swinging from 0 to 90 psi. Not the 'flutter' you may be speaking of which is normal.

14. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I was also looking at the Maddad's. Butt not sure what way I am going thanks for all the info guy's.

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Maddad's look diff but are around the same quality from past research.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Also look into Stri's upper level gauges.....the are not the Xlines but DSD (or something silimar to that).

You can get them in a package deal for a good price from importimage though I'd give our local vendors a chance to price match ;)

17. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Yes I will be buying them from importimage if I go with Prosports....

18. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Do you guy's know if the oem gauge pod from the WRX will hold 52mm gauges?

Thanks, Josh

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You will have to modify it a little IIRC. I think the OEM pod is for 45mm.

20. b reel

b reel Active Member

with a little work, I bought a cheap plastic one off ebay, molded it to the clock piece and had Ghost wrap it, think I have maybe $20.00 total

21. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I found a new oem for $70

22. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

no, it won't I'm working on modifying mine with some plexi as the face. not too bad to do with a dremel

23. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I want too keep the oem look......

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Josh here's an opportunity.

tell him $235 shipped for all of it and its his.
    4 gauges
    a pillar mount
    clock pod triple gauge mount
    the wiring for the gauges

I have a set of prosport gauges that I am looking to sale. There is the Boost Guages,Oil temp,oil pressure, and water temp gauges.They light up green and come with the A pillar mouting bracket as well as the triple dash pod mount.Looking to sale all as a whole considering i have all the cables for them.Your call though.LMK.

This is off a guy in Columbia and he will ship. let me know.

25. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

PM sent CoolRex....