ps3 sale

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigb996, Oct 19, 2006.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

so heres my question.....after reading the ps3 specs and knowing that it has blueray. At 600.00 that is a deal, however i dont want one for personal use but to sell. There is supposed to only be 400,000 shipped to the US at launch. The question is how much you think you can bank if you sell one after you pick it up on launch? im saying atleast 1500.00.

2. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I am saying 2000+. I think if you hold out you can get 2499. I have 6 total right now waiting in the wings :) Its going to be a nice X-mas

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

It would be a pretty good investment. I guess I just need to plan on camping out if I'm going ot try it?

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

where do u guys preorder from... amol and i want to get one for personal use

5. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

all preorders were pretty much filled milo, eb and gamestop were only ones doing it and it was 100 down and no guaruntees that you get one. me and my roommate are gonna camp out the mourning before release day. Gonna try and bank me some money this xmas, im hoping for atleast a 500.00 profit.

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Milo,
    As you had said at some point in the past, never buy first gen tech! Buying them to sell, I can understand, but its pretty clear that SONY doesn't have all the kinks worked out of BLURAY and its compression codecs yet. I am going to wait till at least next summer before I decide which console to get. Just my .02...

7. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Problem is.....that EB and Gamestop and a lot of people are allowing employees to purchase PS3's right as the doors open......any smart employee would buy it up and sell it for 2499+ like Joe said

8. BelvnAWD

There's a sucker born every minute...

9. calmnothing

When you're making 6 digits in your paycheck....and your whining brat of a kid wants it.....he'll prolly get it

10. BelvnAWD

I can promise you, I wouldn't be buying a $2400 GAME for my daughter regardless. No one even knows how well this thing will function as a BR player yet. The ps2 turned out to be a mediocre DVD player at best, if your laser didn't burn out from the constant use first....

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i am aware of that... however temptation is creeping in... regardless, i could always return it if i didnt like it

12. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Milo Toys R Us is doing Preorders on Oct 27th or 28th. I would be there to get yourself one. -Joe

13. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

^^^ really? hmmmm

i dont know if the gamestop and eb games thing about employee buying them when doors opens is factual. I doubt they would allow that. I work at best buy and we don't get any incentives for it, we have to wait like any other customer in line.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

online or at the store?

15. calmnothing

A lot of gaming sites said they gamestop would allow them to do this. I'm not sure how legit it is. I just went with it since several have confirmed the same thing.

16. blink

blink Member

$0.. PS3 is gonna be the biggest pile of crap. As of employees getting first dips, while i worked at EBgames (who is owned by GameStop), they had in the contract you signed strict rules that they (employees) cannont reserve high profile launch titles/consoles. In the past (including my old roommate) employees would buy up a couple systems/games just to sell on ebay.

17. calmnothing

Well they can't reserve it, but they are allowed to purchase it as soon as it opens (assuming they're not all pre-ordered). I stopped by the Gamestop today to trade in some games

18. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

bestbuy wont let employees purchase ps3s or wiis even this year because of shady things that happened last year with 360. Sux, so now i gotta decide were im gonna camp.