Qchex

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Goose013, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Goose013

Goose013 Member

Anyone heard of this email check service? Someone is offering to buy my Sea Doo using this method but there seems to be some fraudulent activity associated with some of the transactions. Any experience?

2. RADON

RADON Member

Never heard of them, but I'd be more comfortable with a Bank Cashier's Check or USPS Money Order.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

no experience there but if there has been fraudulent activity on his end in the past, then i wouldnt trust him

4. Goose013

Goose013 Member

yeah I told him I don't take qchex but he could use paypal. He wrote back and said "sorry but that is the only way he does online business". The funny thing is its on craigslist and not ebay, so what's the problem, it is supposed to be local.
    Everyone beware of anyone using qchex....just search for qchex scam in google and you will see what I am talking about. I'm sure there are some legit buyers but apparently not enough.

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Qchex is an online check sending service for business, merchant, and private use. It combines the benefits of a high-speed wire transfer with the low cost of depositing a check. Qchex is an interactive online platform that provides finance management and payment automation services to small businesses, consumers and institutions.

Security
    In order to decrease the risk of fraud, all Qchex members are validated before check-sending privileges are granted. In addition to this validation, Qchex encourages all recipients to verify the validity of received checks. Qchex cannot guarantee that a check will not bounce or be disputed.

it sounds as safe as paypal

http://banking.about.com/od/securityandsafety/a/qchexfraud.htm

or not!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  6. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Even if it is as safe as Paypal I wouldn't start using something that's not widely known. It would cause too many trust issues with the other party, and the less explaining and researching required the better.

7. Goose013

Goose013 Member