Question for Scott

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by wrxracer87, Nov 12, 2007.

1. wrxracer87

wrxracer87 Member

I just recently got my 04 wrx tuned at topspeed. I was the super late friday night appointment, sorry once again. Anyways the car runs great and pulls hard and smooth. I was just wondering however sometimes when i push the clutch in when coming to a stop light or sign the car will idle down very low and then jump back up to normal idle rpm's. The car will sometimes even cut off and i will have to re crank it or pop the clutch and jump it. At first i thought it was because i had very little fuel but then i put 3/4ths a tank in it and it still does it probably 1 out of every third time i have to stop on the road. Just wondering if you knew something else that could be causing it. Thanks again for the great tune.

Taylor

2. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

this used to happen on an old jeep I had. And then on my friend's pontiac, and then on my old forester.

All three times it was a crank sensor...? So maybe it's that?

Sorry, I know I'm not scott. Hope this helps.

3. wrxracer87

wrxracer87 Member

Thanks for the info. It didnt do that untill after it got tuned at topspeed so i don't think thats the problem unless it went bad in that particular time period.

4. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I didn't do much with your idle... Make sure all your hose clamps are tight. In the future, if you need anything feel free to e-mail, call, text, or PM. Posting in a general forum doesn't notify me... I end up getting calls that somebody is trying to reach me...

Thanks,
    Scott

5. WJM

WJM Banned

My WRX does the same, except for stalling.

I just raised the idle and it fixed it.

6. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Almost sounds like a vacuum line issue or possibly even the recirc/bov. either could cause it.

7. WJM

WJM Banned

My fuel trims are less than 1%.

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

check your battery? just a thought....

9. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

The battery doesn't do a whole lot once the car is started....right? Jc.

10. WJM

WJM Banned

battery is new.

Also, has grounding 'mod'.

Oh wait, we are diag'ing the OP's car.

yeah, check those...but i doubt its the problem.