Quick Brake pad question

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by LoveMyNewSoob, Aug 11, 2014.

1. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Hey everyone,
    I just put some Hawk HPS pads on the front and had a quick question. Does it matter which way or what location the circled clip is in?

[​IMG]

I couldn't figure out if it really mattered or not and couldn't get both to be in the same location in each caliper.

Thanks,

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I usually rip those squealers off...but if you keep them on, it's best to put them on the outside.

3. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

I think that is where I ended up putting them, but one ends up being at the top and one at the bottom...so i wasn't sure what the purpose (if any) they had.

4. KGraska

KGraska Member

When the pads get low they rub on the rotors and make obnoxious squealing noises so you know when to replace the pads. I'm with Matt and usually pull them off with needle nose but I believe they are good on either side.

5. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Cool. I had seen them before on my HP+ pads, but didn't pay attention until yesterday when i ended up with both of them for one wheel and thought i might need to check it out.

thanks guys!