quit smoking.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by feelthebreak, Jun 8, 2006.

1. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

i havn't had a cigarette in almost two weeks. woot.

2. Congrats.....im on around 4 months now or is it 5 hell i dont know but its been awhile.

3. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

damn i'm on my 712th pack.. it's been less then 2 years.. i lost over 2k in money over this haoobit maybe more. who counts like me :(

4. 712x$4.00=2848.00
    hmmm
    thats a vf34 injectors pump and uppipe and dp maybe even an AP and tune if you look in the right place

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Or $150k when you retire if you're in your 20s and drop it in an IRA.

6. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

damn now i really wanna quit.. cause moose said the reality

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

this is on my things to do list

8. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  9. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i gotta quit again. it really is a waste of money (and life)

10. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I'll be quit for two years this December. I stopped for about 8 months once before but I know I'm done for good this time.

When it's your time to quit you'll just know. It kind of takes you realizing that's it's a filthy habit and that people who smoke aren't as clean, inside and out, as those who don't.

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

How's that work?

12. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

You really don't know? You can google a picture of a smokers lung, or a shot of a long time smokers teeth to find out more.

Non-smokers can smell a smoker from a mile away especially after they've just smoked. You can smell the chemicals in a smokers hair, clothes and home. Smoking in a car can actually degrade the value of it quite a lot too.

Kissing a smoker is like being up close and personal with a wet ashtray or butt can and if that person has tobacco stains... well you get what I'm sayin.

13. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

im with you on that one! ive been smoking since i was 10. im now 30. yes ive smoked 20 years and the last ten years was a pack a day. shit ive spent over 22k in my 20 years of smoking. cough cough time to quit!

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

My girl was supposed to quit when she moved in w/me. That was 3 weeks ago and the quitting isn't going so well. I believe a person won't quit if they really don't want to, so this is going to be rough. I truly believe she is the one though, and want her around for as long as possible... so I'm hoping. And I could do without the smelly ashtrays and her smelling like smoke all the time... Any suggestions?

15. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Well, you need to find a deep well, an ashtray, a rope, and a water hose...

"It puts the cigarette out or else it gets the hose again."

:wiggle:

(Wearing her skin if she doesn't quit is optional.)

16. monk

it's not only a matter of "wanting" to quit. nicotine has the same chemical addiction strength as heroin.

talk to her about her quit plans, get a prescription for welbutrin, or try nicorette. something to supliment the chemicals. and let her quit gradually, but steadily. be as supportive as you can. a quitting smoker gets aggitated very quickly and wants to start again to avoid the feelings of aggrivation.

set a date, and make sure she sticks to it. make sure she has things to suppliment when she usually smokes (if she drinks coffee, get some pirouette choloate sticks or something for her to munch on). get her to be active. anything to keep her mind off of smoking.

prepare to go through this ritual more than once because relapse if very common.

again, be as supportive as possible.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  17. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah I think that's about right.^^^

The person definitely needs to have the willpower to put it down though. I used to put a half-smoked cig back in the pack which would make the whole pack stink like hell and anytime I just had to have one I would have to put up with the funk, which actually made it easier to get my head right for quitting.

18. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

keep it safe.. i just saved 4 dollers by not buying a pack. hoooaarryyyy!!!

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

wellbutrin worked extremely well for me... however, be extremely careful if ur drinking when on wellbutrin

20. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

mmm..im about to refill my cawfee and have a smoke..

cheers

21. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

update... my girl is doing well cutting down during the week... down to 10 a day instead of a whole pack. But on the weekends while partying, right back up to a pack a day. Don't know if this cutting down thing is going to work. She suggested setting a date.. it just seems so harsh to me(and I don't even smoke) to smoke for 10 years then just quit cold turkey. I want to get her on wellbutren or the patch or something but she doesn't have medical insurance so it'd be all out of pocket...

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

actually wellbutrin is prescribed for depression... the renamed version prescribed for quitting smoking is zyban... insurance wont cover zyban

23. monk

go in and tell your doctor that you're feeling a bit down lately, and that you heard welbutrin works. some dr's get a kickback for pushing certain scripts ;)