R.i.p wjm ;(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Just figured I would make a quick and simple post. I am really upset by this, and don't want to get into details.

But Will (WJM) has passed away.

He will be deeply missed,

2. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Ugh, super sad to hear. :( :(

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

heard this earlier, was waiting on someone else to post though since i don't know details. super sad. good guy. the subaru community has lost a HUGE source of knowledge/skill.

RIP Will

4. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Oh wow, that sucks.

RIP Will

5. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

heard about it this morning....RIP will

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Words can't even begin to describe my thoughts on this matter.

Regardless of the current situation of friendship, he was still one of my good friends. He will be missed. :(

7. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

RIP Will, We will miss you.

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

This sucks...RIP Will. Thanks for the knowledge.

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

:-( my condolences

10. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Damn.

RIP WJM

11. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

RIP WJM, thanks for sharing the knowledge and installing my favorite mod on my car...suspension.

12. jesus888

jesus888 Member

What on earth happened?? Wasn't he young?

13. Matt

He was 26.

14. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

He was only 26?! I thought he was atleast a few years older than me.

15. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

WHAT?! Holy shit! :( RIP!

16. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

He just had a kid too, didnt he? Fuck.

17. Matt

She'll be 5 this summer.

18. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

:( really sad to hear. I wish I got to know him better.

19. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

What in the world happened!?! Poor guy!

May he rest in peace, and condolences to his family. My experience with him didn't go far; I traded some wheels with him and talked with him on the phone a bit a while back. He seemed like an extremely nice guy, and the knowledge he distributed here spoke for itself.

We've lost a real asset to the community.

20. 4sevens

4sevens Member

wow this is terrible news :(

21. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

sad to hear...super nice guy from my dealings with him. He always set me and the car straight. He will be missed.

22. gfred024

gfred024 Member

What?!? This is crazy! Will has helped me on numerous occasions, he could diagnose problems through text messages. Hell he put my motor in. And not to mention a great guy. What happened someone pm me please... I'd like to send flowers and card to the family.

23. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Dang, this is crazy! Very knowledgeable guy, hooked me up on some OEM parts back in the day when he first started at TS.

24. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

He fixed my Subaru when both Siegel and Doug had no clue what was going on with it. The guy knew how to troubleshoot something. I drove from Myrtle Beach SC to Jacksonville just so he could find and fix the mentioned issue above...he found it in 15 mins.

You'll be missed dude.

25. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Wow. R.I.P. He helped me out many times when I first got my sti and afterwards. He and his wife were very nice. Saddens me to hear this.

Is there any word of what happened?

26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

[29-02, 15:10] CelticPride all I know at this point from my contacts at nationwide funeral homes is that it was a suspected self inflicted gun shot.
    is the only thing i know.

27. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

He divorced his ex-wife so he lost the two people he cared about. Enough to put anyone in a severe depressed state.

Word is he shot himself.

28. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I can't disclose anything else at the moment though.

29. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Wow. I really hope that's not the route he chose. However you can never understand the demons people are battling.

30. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

o.o

RIP no matter what happened.

*I just noticed that he is banned on here, why?*

31. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Can't remember why but I remember some heated threads...

32. Matt

He requested the ban.

33. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Wait what, you can request for bans. I request that we ban CelticPride. <.<

34. Matt

heh...you can request to have yourself banned.

35. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

He asked to be banned YEARS ago.

36. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

You can?

37. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Lol yea I do it all the time

38. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Rip

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  39. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I believe it is fair to say that if you have been in this community long enough, then you know of Will ("WJM"). In fact, 9 out of 10 people from the "early days" undoubtedly received assistance through the forums if not actual wrench time for him. He was an incredible mechanic, heck of an autocrosser and a good friend. Will was a wealth of Subaru-specific information and at most points, hell-bent on clarifying the rampant misinformation about our subies. Of course, he was also more than willing to "cordially" point out that you were wrong :) Will was one of the members who helped create essential ties between our community and the dealerships. You will be missed.

40. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Wow this sucks R.I.P Will

41. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

If nothing else, this alone was huge! But of course there was a lot more!:bowdown:

42. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Wow, Will was super active back in the day here and always ready to lend a hand or at least some helpful advice.

I know plenty of us wouldnt have safe-running cars if it werent for his handiwork. Personally, he took my car down to the wiring harness to make sure the transmission swap worked out as good as factory.

RIP.

43. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

RIP to one of the most well known and incredibly knowledgeable. Didn't know him as much as most but wish I had..

44. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I obviously haven't been around long enough to meet Will but based on all the nice things everyone has to say about him, I wish I did. RIP and condolences to his family.

45. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

oh, no....

:( This guy always seemed to chomp at the bit to talk to people about cars, answered all sorts of questions i had... never got to meet him in person...

------

if the aforementioned circumstances as true....

Then I BEG everyone reading this, no matter how much stress or duress, despair or trauma you feel in your heart, then at the very very least, come onto this board and post how bad you feel.

There is no justification to hold it inside and simply let it crush you. Even if you've never met us, and even if your only connection is the smile we all have on our face from a dig behind the star cluster.

Before you allow yourself, tell someone, ANYONE what you are feeling.

46. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Will and I were close for a while there. i still have scars from helping him move his storage facility of subie parts.

I am so sad, so damn sad and mad about this!

He helped me so much over the years. I even wrote about him and his XT in Subiesport magazine.

47. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I dont even know what to say. RIP Will.

48. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Like Alex said, he was just an all around good guy to have near by. He was one of the first people I met after Jason and Doug at Top Speed and he was always willing to help with anything he could be it car related or otherwise. Lots of good memories from those dragon meets around 05 an 06.

I almost couldn't believe it when I heard the news...We'll miss ya man :(

49. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

DO this. It really helped me during my tough times.

50. Trey

Trey Active Member

Sorry to hear the sad news about Will. Thinking about his baby girl missing her daddy really saddens me...... Prayers for you Charlotte.